FINALLY! 'Who's Next' 10 disc SDE Sep 15

General music and other artist discussions.
yymca6

Re: FINALLY! 'Who's Next' 10 disc SDE Sep 15

Post by yymca6 »

Already out on some sites.
Yves
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

What's on 2nd...
I don't know's on 3rd...
Alpha, Delta, Vespa
The heat is rising
the past is calling
Can you see the real me?
Where'd you get that walk oh so lean?
Can't you see I'm one?
Can ya?
CAN YA???
The way the beach gets kissed by the sea!
You'll all see
I'm the one!
Rock-Opera???
How long do you think a drug addict's attention span actually is?
Most concepts are too long!
A higher calling for the super hippy of the future who supports revolution but gets fooled again because he can't think for himself?
And the pace 1969 Tommy 1971 Lifehouse 1973 Quadrophenia and Mods are gone
To piss on the monolith makes me think Pete wants to say something meaningful and intelligent
Introspection would have worked better.
Wasted? Who's they?
Fooled again?
(We...or me...or just the record buyer?)
Gods PEED!
KC
fxbh

Post by fxbh »

joguema wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:56 am
dinsdalep wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:49 pm Volume 14 was as far as I completed, although I think I have Volume 15 on a hard drive, finished but with no liner notes or artwork.
Oh, PLEASE share Vol. 15 with us!
My last downloaded volume is Volume 12. I would be grateful if someone could share Volumes 13 and 14.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Who cares :D
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Fast lucky wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:37 am Who cares :D
exactly!
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

I care. It's fantastic, albeit expensive (a two-years-ago xmas present from my wife) with some glaring flaws.

I'm seriously curious: Why don't you care?

After The Beatles, The Who are my favorites.
datters

Post by datters »

Box is where the gravy tracks are but unwilling to spend $400 Canadian. The nonsense pins and posters which I'm not too excited about owning. The 5.1 would be nice yet it is still a meh, I'll pass.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Yes, expensive. My wife ordered it when it first was advertised for its fiftieth...final cost was 250 US.

BUT.

At this time in my life, I only get for christmas one box a year...only Beatles or Who, my two faves.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

robbmacc wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:06 pm Yes, expensive. My wife ordered it when it first was advertised for its fiftieth...final cost was 250 US.
BUT.
At this time in my life, I only get for christmas one box a year...only Beatles or Who, my two faves.
Repeat after me!
Sssscoop!
"SccWHOoop!!!"
This Who's Next box symbolizes the word NEXT in a most ironic fashion! The Who-did-what-to-whom us and them teenage wasteland was much bigger than perceived. As you can see...IT's a whole lotta opera! The last, the final, the very last, the SDE...if indeed the song is over, the new predicament is called WHAT's next!!!. Because, if familiarity breeds contempt, then The Who were like The Beatles in that they obviously had excess creativity. This box might be 1,000 things...but, it is undeniable proof that the band only released THE BEST of their efforts. Musicians don't have to harm themselves! So, this is a dump-truck scoop...where do you want it?
In the future, SDE will feature only the 'ALGORITHM selected...AI inspected' tracks by ANY band. The deluxe consideration being that the consumer is just a consumer and will be much better served if TOLD what they want. Beatles or Who will be suggested to the discerning music lover faster than the desire can be sensed by the Id or the Libido! The Beatles/Who and all entertainment will be streamlined to leave symptom specific states of appreciation in the listener. Fast and decision free.
Just say "Play Beatles" and the smart watch and smart meter and facial recognition and GPS will instantly play THE exact song you need based on generic profile against trends, events, hash tag trail, location, GNP, 1040-C, Charitable Contributions, Vital signs, Footnotes, Bibliography, CoPay and it will leave you invigorated and lucid. The all-knowing will deem 5 versions of the same song as harmful to the artist! The circle will have no end...no beginning. It might be a spiritual force. It might be confidence...but you won't need to love any of it. It will all be deluxe and what you love is known!
You are now logged out.
KC

Next? (Inevitable!!!)
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

I'd like to get my hands on a digital copy of the 2 books that came with it . . . hint, hint, nudge, nudge . . .
thanks,
Kevin