Best Host Site? A must have question.

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Liverpools Boy

Best Host Site? A must have question.

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Ok there's another to the archive.

What's the best -I mean- host site that offer more space to archive your files: audio, video, etc. The host site
with the fastest download/upload velocity. We know about wetransfer, mega, googledrive, etc But there are one better than these? Leave your answer through a reply.

I will planning upload some content. So, this thread is very pertinent for me.
Lord Reith

Re: Best Host Site? A must have question.

Post by Lord Reith »

Don't use google drive because it throws a tantrum when more than five people try to download something. And Mega only allows users to download so much before they have to use paid accounts.

Wetransfer may be temporary but at least it's fast and reliable and completely free (if you can put up with the obnoxious virtue signalling).

There's also another one called pixeldrain which some people are using. Can't comment on that myself.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
O1Ghungary

Post by O1Ghungary »

I think right now the Pixeldrain the best solution. But the krakenfiles also good.

PIXELDRAIN:

- No storage limit!
- Maximum filesize 18GB. (So you don't have to split the DVDs and other bigger stuffs.)
- The upload for at least 60 days available.
- It's very simple to upload through ShareX software (without a browser).

Krakenfiles:

- An account 25GB storage capacity limit. (But with '10minutemail' you can register as many as you want.)
- Maximum file size 2GB.
- The upload for at least 6 months available.

The fromsmash and wetransfer are the worst, because 1-week time limit.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'm finding pixeldrain to be a very poor host. It's constantly making up crap about "exceeding the limit" and throttling the speed even though I haven't and trying to force me into paying.

I don't think we should support these sites like pixeldrain, filefactory etc which try to force people into paying by deliberately throttling the speed. I also don't trust these kinds of sites.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
O1Ghungary

Post by O1Ghungary »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:09 am I'm finding pixeldrain to be a very poor host. It's constantly making up crap about "exceeding the limit" and throttling the speed even though I haven't and trying to force me into paying.

I don't think we should support these sites like pixeldrain, filefactory etc which try to force people into paying by deliberately throttling the speed. I also don't trust these kinds of sites.
MEGA, Drive One and Google Drive are also disabled after a certain amount of data. Pixeldrain does not block, but reduces the download speed to 1Mbit/sec after 10GB of data traffic. As with the other hosts, I use Hola VPN, switch to another country, restart JDownloader and continue downloading with full bandwidth. That's it. It's a problem that the others have too, but it's not really a problem.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

I'm patient and using jdownloader2 for downloading, which evens out most pros and cons of various hosters.
I'm not paying for any of these.

I've been using mega, gdrive, wetransfer, transferxxl, transfernow, fromsmash, pixeldrain in both directions.
Only downloading from rapidgator, turbobit, filefactory, mediafire, krakenfiles, onedrive, dropbox and certainly others.

Limited space and registration are the weak spots of mega and gdrive for me. Interface, file size and 7 day limits reduce my enjoyment of wetransfer, transferxxl, transfernow, fromsmash.

I think wetransfer beeing worst overall for uploaders and downloaders, speed seems it's only advantage, but having to split and combine files > 2GB also takes time and downloading 'smaller' files from somewhere else wouldn't take forever even at reduced bandwidth.

As an uploader, I currently prefer pixeldrain. No registration, pleasing interface, big files supported and you can roughly dl 20GB/day from them. Not having to download within 7 days this seems plenty, unless everyone starts using it.