Peter Jackson and The Star Club Tapes.

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
rhino

Peter Jackson and The Star Club Tapes.

Post by rhino »

Just watched a new video on The Parlogram Channel. Near the end Andrew said it was rumored that Peter Jackson was doing a Star Club Project using his AI technology. Makes me wonder if he's heard Lord Reith's Star Club work.
zappaf78

Re: Peter Jackson and The Star Club Tapes.

Post by zappaf78 »

He is a big fan of the group, has Beatlegs, knows the Let It Be projects from the past. I think he knows about the Star Club tapes by Lord Reith. As for making the audio from the Star Club visual? That would be neat. Weird, but neat. I hope it isn't just the Star Club tapes.. there is that Cavern tape that Paul owns that he could improve. Since it is possible to AI the vocals, can't it be done with the musical instruments? I was thinking a bit further, having a virtual show of the Star Club gigs? I can't wait to see what Mr. Jackson will do.
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

if this is true - and the release is a success - it could open the floodgates.

Paul has always talked about how they were "a good little band." I think he for one would be all in on presentable releases of early live gigs.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Well, there was this...this, chap...a Scouser in a suit...(The defendant???)
Millionaire, Lord John McReith...Irish peer, filthy rich, of course.
Oh, I don't know...he looks quite plagiarized!

If I were PJ, I would send Lord Reith a PM...
in German...of course.
"Dear, Mr. Reith...
your presentations of Star Club tapes were so well done,
my new restoration technology had no discernable effect upon the material.
The experience could not be improved upon so, how would you feel about a
Star Club pre-promo campaign photo-shoot in The Netherlands in front of the Palace
gates with us each wearing a shirt "I dig Purple Chicks" or, the yellow dog
"Please, don't call the pound...I know my way home"??? Like bloody tourists
on a dreadlock holiday in Ocho Rios! Don't like Jamaica...I love it...
Would you believe, I was thinking a screenplay about the Geoff Emerick tape...
I anxiously await your reply, Sire.
Til, then...
Pete"
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'm excited about this just for the prospect of hearing some of the unbooted material. But if he can get it sounding better and add some visuals then that would be cool.

I just hope he KNOWS ABOUT THE TRANSCRIPT! Much blood sweat and tears was forged over it and it is essential to understanding what is going on onstage. I know that some of us know Pete or are in touch with him so please help make sure this document wings its way to him. No need for them to reinvent the wheel, when we all slaved to get it near perfect.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

IIRC he also discussed it on Something About The Beatles podcast a while back. Could be on Youtube as well.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:00 am I'm excited about this just for the prospect of hearing some of the unbooted material. But if he can get it sounding better and add some visuals then that would be cool.

I just hope he KNOWS ABOUT THE TRANSCRIPT! Much blood sweat and tears was forged over it and it is essential to understanding what is going on onstage. I know that some of us know Pete or are in touch with him so please help make sure this document wings its way to him. No need for them to reinvent the wheel, when we all slaved to get it near perfect.
Are we of unlimited resources?
Unlimited time...
Am I an immortal with no reason to rush this?
ALL THAT RISES must converge!
AI is going to make this phase the shortest yet.
There won't be a critic anywhere that gets to the station in time...
I'm afraid I have missed the bus, as well!
I'm never happy with corporate motives. Now we can assume whatever we want to be true or false. We won't ever know how it could have been. There ain't no people in there! The only history that matters is about to be rewritten by the ARTIFICIAL hands on the virtual keyboard. Cleopatra, Aphrodite, Joan of Arc. And, where have all the bank tellers gone? All that glitters is gold...your head is humming and it won't grow...gone forever, everyone!
If there is ever going to be something for Beatles fans to experience as authenticity...it hasn't been made yet. If Peter Jackson or Giles or Sir James Paul, ever need convincing, have them call me! I can talk to anyone about Beatles and I'm always full of better ideas than the rather conventional bag of conformity. The true Beatles Experience will never be virtual. It need only be factual and presented as an emotional narrative. Something truly mind blowing, cannot be a complete overview. It need only drop the viewer into thin slices of historic uncertainty that always end in breath taking moments where they show sacrifice as the only bus traveling toward Greenland! A properly done set of 7 separate years would generate enough Kleenex sales to finance all such visions to realization. Xanax Rx would cease because all anyone ever really needs to do is get sad once in a while. Can we be so bold as to imagine people would pay for the privilege of bawling their eyes out in a way that no longer happens organically?
We CAN!
It's just that The Beatles are probably a cure for all disharmony.
How can we find out?
So, if the red phone rings, it will send shivers down all of our spines.
This vision has not been made yet!
NOTHING is impossible!
All lines get blurry!
Have them all cleaned andf burned!
Change? Still waiting???
Nothing changes until individuals change!
Peace, brethren!
KC
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

Oh yes - I hope if he downloaded the latest versions he knows at least one of the transcript.
Actually I still hope he owns my book for the latest version of the transcript I did.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Disclaimer: NO disrespect-----> Heil, Astrid!
Why leave the Schicklgrubers out of it?
Winston ChurchRubble has already taken the Industry out of the English speaking people! It looks United and Great...for, hopelessness. It's also necessary to keep lines dark and distinct. Why is Germany important. What tasks did the Reeperbahn offer and what skills might be developed from performing them? How about the skill of escaping Liverpool(Capitol Of Eire)? How about an exportable version of Existentialism? How about Preludin causes Penicillin? How about Stuart Sutcliffe entire existence was to give John Lennon's masculinity the ability to laugh at itself. Without that, he was pure chauvinism which Stuart had none of. John must have been so happy for Stu when he stayed in Germany. To kick Stu out of the band might have interrupted destiny. Stu made sure that it didn't. Otherwise, selling beer with your musical skills on the Reeperbahn? That thought would have sent Brian's sheltered upbringing to a grating halt. Allan Williams took his orders from Beryl(Be Real). Send them anywhere that will pay us. That means they were hip enough to see value in crowd science. Did they ever buy an English-German dictionary? They didn't need one. Her name is Astrid. She was empowered by them and all she had to do was help them sell beer. Will this pocket comb do the job? She gave them a moodiness that might have appeared to be very wolverine but it is undeniable...without her, they wouldn't have survived Hamburg. So, I hated the Star Club tapes. The songs, the sound...the album. I was unaware and, more's the pity, because the very core of the problem is that the Star Club tapes had no discernable context which is that this band was from out-of-town...out of tune...never bathed and the Fräuleins loved them. The dialog in the Star Club tapes IS the real beginning of a REAL Beatles Experience.
Danke shoen...Je T'aime Mach shau rattle and roll!
You can't miss 'em! T-shirts, jeans, cowboy boots, leather jackets and fear...except the little guy! He's in love!
Except on February 9, Germany will wear the history with pride and NOT one person with even know who they were. 2...Horst , Klaus and Astrid...3!
Goodbye Stu! Gutentag of the English speaking people!
Commendations to all who made the material important! I felt like I was leaving the club at sunrise. I had tried to listen but never could! Now, I was there, the experience was vivid and IMPORTANT!
KC
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

He needs to speak to Larry Grossberg, the owner of the original reel - which is in New York (but pretty much unplayable) along with a full dub (made in the 70's) of the complete tape, now the best source anywhere in the world.

If your reading this Mr Jackson, I know a man who can put you in touch :lol: