SACD ISO to FLAC?

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
RLester

SACD ISO to FLAC?

Post by RLester »

Please forgive me if this has been discussed - I hate to annoy. But can anyone tell me an easy way to covert SACD ISO to FLAC? Online searches seem unhelpful to this noob.
michael_charles

Re: SACD ISO to FLAC?

Post by michael_charles »

Open w/ Foobar2000. Right click on tracks and go down to "convert."

You will need the "SACD Decoder" installed for Foobar2000. Go here for instructions and the link to the decoder.

https://samplerateconverter.com/educati ... foobar2000

Depending on the disc that should work.

Michael
RLester

Post by RLester »

Thanks so much!
michael_charles wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:17 pm Open w/ Foobar2000. Right click on tracks and go down to "convert."

You will need the "SACD Decoder" installed for Foobar2000. Go here for instructions and the link to the decoder.

Michael
RLester

Post by RLester »

Ok, so, if I may, I'd like to ask for a bit of help on adding the plug in - the instructions are a little confusing. (First, I'm working on a Mac - so I hope this will work)

Here are the instructions and I'm good up to number 3 - but when it says "Launch the playback software" can I get clear instructions for that? Do they mean the Foobar2000 or the plugin? (I know this is ridiculously beginnerland of me ) - I can't seem to find my way to "Preferences" and "components" - I can't find an "Install" button anywhere - sorry to be so inept!

Instructions:
1. Install foobar2000.
2. Download foobar's input SACD (Super Audio CD decoder) plugin foo_input_sacd - xxxx.zip by link
Warning: SSF/DSF Decoder plugin doesn't relate to DSD playback.
3. Unpack foo_input_sacd - xxxx.zip to a folder.

****4. Launch the playback software and open Preferences (<Ctrl+P> key combination) > Components.

5. Click Install button. In opened Install component window select foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component file (dsf component) from the
folder.
6. Click OK button in Preferences window. Restart foobar2000.
7. Open .iso (be sure, that it is SACD ISO) or .dsf file into the player.
8. Push Playback button.

Again, very, very grateful for help!

michael_charles wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:17 pm Open w/ Foobar2000. Right click on tracks and go down to "convert."

Michael
michael_charles

Yes playback software is "Foobar2000." Once you launch it just follow those directions and the plugin will install to Foobar.
applebonkerz

Post by applebonkerz »

michael_charles wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:42 pm Yes playback software is "Foobar2000." Once you launch it just follow those directions and the plugin will install to Foobar.
I'm also on Mac. I thought that sometime a few years ago I had read that an SACD was basically just a DVD disc with different files written to it. Does that mean that technically if you have an SACD ISO file that could be burned to a DVD-R and it will play then in an SACD compatible player like Oppo? I tried that once with an SACD ISO I had downloaded, but all I got was static from the disc I burned. Is there something else that needs to be done to burn a playable SACD ISO file? Or, is that why you guys are talking about converting it to FLAC?
michael_charles

SACD's will only play on a SACD player. If you want to use a standard plyer you can either play it in programs like Foobar2000 or convert it to another file format also using Foobar2000. Here are some basic instructions once you install the sacd plugin in Foobar:

Open SACD.iso into Foobar2000.
Select all tracks.
Right click and select 'Convert'. 4. ' Converter Setup': 'Output format': FLAC. 'select': 'Compression Level' = 5. 'Output bit depth' = Auto. 'Dither' = Never. 'Processing': 'Replay Gain' = None. 'DSP' = None. Select "don't reset DSP between track

I don't have a SACD player so I've never tried burning a SACD ISO.

Michael
RLester

Post by RLester »

Again, very grateful, BUT I don't see an install button. Can someone give me steps to actually install the SACD decoder into Foobar2000? I'm sure I'm causing some eye-rolling - understandably - but I'm baffled. Apologies, gratitude!

michael_charles wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:42 pm Yes playback software is "Foobar2000." Once you launch it just follow those directions and the plugin will install to Foobar.
RLester

Post by RLester »

Michael, I'm rereading your attempts to help and maybe this is where I'm lost? "Open SACD.iso into foobar2000" - just how do I do that? Again, thanks for your patience!

michael_charles wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm

Open SACD.iso into Foobar2000.
Select all tracks.
Right click and select 'Convert'. 4. ' Converter Setup': 'Output format': FLAC. 'select': 'Compression Level' = 5. 'Output bit depth' = Auto. 'Dither' = Never. 'Processing': 'Replay Gain' = None. 'DSP' = None. Select "don't reset DSP between track

I don't have a SACD player so I've never tried burning a SACD ISO.

Michael
michael_charles

I'm not familiar w/ Mac. With windows you can go to the file, right click on the file and choose the the program you want to open the file with.