Ready Steady Go! (almost complete)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
MarkRJones1970

Re: Ready Steady Go! (almost complete)

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:48 am Has anyone yet gathered all the appearances by The Beatles in the best quality and put them all in one mp4 file? :)
"Bueller?....Bueller?....Bueller?.........Bueller?" :lol:
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:25 am I think the Norwegian vhs has better picture quality myself. The laserdisc has that smudgy look that all PAL>NTSC conversions had in the 80s.
I believe there's also a betamax version of the Norwegian video cassette, which may even be a tad better. I never owned a beta player myself, so I didn't get it at the time.
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:25 am
stereoman33 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:33 am
Victorpesa wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:05 am Sadly. It doesnt have beatles performances. By the way, what dvd has the best versions of these TV performances?
The Japanese Laser Disc
I think the Norwegian vhs has better picture quality myself. The laserdisc has that smudgy look that all PAL>NTSC conversions had in the 80s.
Is there an available transfer of it?
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

I read somewhere that sales of this through Kaleidoscope was very poor. Perhaps not enough promotion although perhaps if they had included all of the Beatles cuts to create a complete version it might have sold more!
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

harrythebannister wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:18 am I read somewhere that sales of this through Kaleidoscope was very poor. Perhaps not enough promotion although perhaps if they had included all of the Beatles cuts to create a complete version it might have sold more!
It was a limited edition of 300 and is no longer available, so it seems to have sold out.
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

It was available to pre-order until 4th August. At which point it was taken off sale even if all 300 hadn't been sold. I don't believe they were. I've read that Kaleidoscope said sales were disappointing. I think the £75 price tag put many off.
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

harrythebannister wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:18 am I read somewhere that sales of this through Kaleidoscope was very poor. Perhaps not enough promotion although perhaps if they had included all of the Beatles cuts to create a complete version it might have sold more!
For sure but if they bought the rights to do that they'd be hard pushed to get their money back let alone make a profit, even if the edition wasn't limited. Steve Hoffman nearly got the go ahead to remaster the Beatles catalogue and he said that the deal was so tight that he'd of just been doing it for the love of it (which he would have been happy to do)
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

It's simple, if The Beatles clips had been included I would have bought it. Even at a £100
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

If Kaleidoscope don’t have a big advertising budget then something like this could easily get lost. I read about it here and I think that Record Collector might have mentioned it but that was it. Taking into account the demographic of the likely audience for this, they’re unlikely to be savvy about social media where news of this would circulate. It’s a tough one to market without tv or press ads.

As an aside, I heard recently that the girl Paul selects as the winner of the miming competition on RSG subsequently inspired She’s Leaving Home after her parents tale of woe of their absconding daughter made the press.
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Bumblebee wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:48 pm As an aside, I heard recently that the girl Paul selects as the winner of the miming competition on RSG subsequently inspired She’s Leaving Home after her parents tale of woe of their absconding daughter made the press.
Actually, Paul had no idea that the newspaper story about a missing girl was the same girl that he had met at the Ready Steady Go show three years earlier. Melanie Coe was her name, and she appeared on BBC's The One Show on 24 November 2010.