Ready Steady Go! (almost complete)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
zappaf78

Ready Steady Go! (almost complete)

Post by zappaf78 »

Everything except the Beatles performances. They do include their interviews:
The first of our special events for the 35th Anniversary of Kaleidoscope has landed.
Ready! Steady! Go! as we run towards the 5th August 2023.
Limited edition set - 300 copies only. Once they are gone, they are gone!
Numbered from 1-300 with unique special packaging.
PRE-ORDER NOW!
Any copies not sold by the 5th August 2023 (release date); will be withdrawn.
4-disc set.
This package is the first AUTHORISED collection of “Ready Steady Go!” material available on DVD.
It compiles most of what has already been released on VHS or shown on Channel 4, plus introduces sequences that have not been seen on any previous releases or re-broadcasts. Shows have been reconstructed from surviving assets or are presented complete, where they survive. The only exception is Beatles songs which we could not clear for the release. Beatles interviews remain intact.
Aside from the “new” material, there are several differences between this collection and the collections that had been previously offered in the VHS days.

https://www.tvbrain.info/shop/books/rea ... FHNiRNOugU
Lord Reith

Re: Ready Steady Go! (almost complete)

Post by Lord Reith »

Without The Beatles songs? Seriously? You can't have the sixties without The Beatles.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:52 pm Without The Beatles songs? Seriously? You can't have the sixties without The Beatles.
Good point, Sire!
I never knew darkness until I was in Carlsbad Caverns and they turned the lights out.
This is the exact magnitude of cultural ripples the music of The Beatles creates on the calm surface of Western existence.
It's easy to imagine how much they changed. But if we could suddenly turn The Beatles 'OFF', modern culture would stagnate instantly.
Confidence would be lost...And, and, and, and...just be glad it can't be done. That is a terrifying hypothetical suggestion!
Wake me up, when it's over!
KC
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:52 pm Without The Beatles songs? Seriously? You can't have the sixties without The Beatles.
That would explain the mere 300 copies being released. Did Dave Clark hold on to the copyright for all that time, presumably thinking it would only grow in value?
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

zappaf78 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:45 pm Everything except the Beatles performances. They do include their interviews:
Sounds limited to me.
There will be 300 copies that have the cardboard insert tucked under the leading edge of the flap!
This will mimic the actual lid in appearance, texture and color. There will be 12 pt. Roman Gothic san serif gold leaf sequential numbering on these inserts 1/300, 2/300, 299/300 etc. And there will be 5000 sets that do not bear the numbered insert! Just not like the BeeGees Studio Albums...those were only numbered up to 10,000/10,000. But the unnumbered(not flap insert) copies were plentiful!
That's me in the corner!
Losing my whole paycheck!
Numbered insert? What about sound quality?
Oh, that is really limited!
KC
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

zappaf78 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:45 pm Everything except the Beatles performances. They do include their interviews:
The first of our special events for the 35th Anniversary of Kaleidoscope has landed.
Ready! Steady! Go! as we run towards the 5th August 2023.
Limited edition set - 300 copies only. Once they are gone, they are gone!
Numbered from 1-300 with unique special packaging.
PRE-ORDER NOW!
Any copies not sold by the 5th August 2023 (release date); will be withdrawn.
4-disc set.
This package is the first AUTHORISED collection of “Ready Steady Go!” material available on DVD.
It compiles most of what has already been released on VHS or shown on Channel 4, plus introduces sequences that have not been seen on any previous releases or re-broadcasts. Shows have been reconstructed from surviving assets or are presented complete, where they survive. The only exception is Beatles songs which we could not clear for the release. Beatles interviews remain intact.
Aside from the “new” material, there are several differences between this collection and the collections that had been previously offered in the VHS days.

Thanks very much for posting this link boss, I didn’t know about either this upcoming release or the TV Brain site both of which look absolutely fascinating.
Victorpesa

Post by Victorpesa »

Sadly. It doesnt have beatles performances. By the way, what dvd has the best versions of these TV performances?
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

Victorpesa wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:05 am Sadly. It doesnt have beatles performances. By the way, what dvd has the best versions of these TV performances?
The Japanese Laser Disc
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

stereoman33 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:33 am
Victorpesa wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:05 am Sadly. It doesnt have beatles performances. By the way, what dvd has the best versions of these TV performances?
The Japanese Laser Disc
I think the Norwegian vhs has better picture quality myself. The laserdisc has that smudgy look that all PAL>NTSC conversions had in the 80s.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

Yes and subtitles on the Japanese in the interview section.
But as he was talking dvd , the closest thing to that is laserdisc