"Final" Beatles song?

Ronson

Re: "Final" Beatles song?

Post by Ronson »

PaulsBrokenaGlass wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:26 pm
BodsworthRugglesby wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:55 pm Apparently Yoko said in an interview that the songs were in a box, marked "For Paul". I'd say he has any right to do it whatever he wishes. Also Yoko, Olivia and Ringo seem to be fine with the release.

Just my 5 cent.

Greetz
Frank
It's never really been confirmed who wrote "For Paul" though. It is likely Yoko wrote it on there so she knew what she was supposed to give to him, in my opinion.

Still, I am excited to hear the finalised version of this wonderful demo.
Based on my knowledge of Yoko, I don't think she would have set aside anything for Paul unless she was instructed to by John. Logically, anything left behind would remain with her and/or Sean. I mean, John's widow or son would be the logical heir. Just my opinion.
jeffslate

Re: "Final" Beatles song?

Post by jeffslate »

zappaf78 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:21 pm Before all this technology to improve the sound, you have to realize, the original cassette they were working on had a terrible buzz throughout the recording. What we are hearing (and is uploaded in numerous youtube videos) was a remastered version from "Between The Lines" online bootleg set. If George heard that improved audio, maybe he'd considered working on it more. It will be interesting to hear how the track would sound like. Maybe there was some unheard harmony from George and Paul? I'm pretty sure George's family heard the song, Yoko too. Doubt they will release it if it sounded terrible.
I'm looking for Between the Lines, if anyone has it to share!?!