New Beatles track - as per McCartney

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Phil_Lip

Re: New Beatles track - as per McCartney

Post by Phil_Lip »

Project? - Looks bigger than just release of one song.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

Glad to see they can do it w/o AI.

He doesn't specifically say the track is Now & Then, but I guess it's the still the most likely contender.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

"We cleaned up some existing recordings" - plural. My guess is he's referring to multiple takes in a single session and not multiple tracks, but time will tell.
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Ok Kids - the truth be told...

Giles has replaced all of Yoko's vocal on her double LP wonder "Fly" with A.I. vocals from John and George as well as harmonies from an 80 year old Paul, with lots of autotune, and 80 plus year Ringo with no vocal processing whatsoever.

Wait until you hear the "new" extended mix of "Toilet" ...
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I can't believe that - having found that they can separate John's vocal perfectly from his demos - they wouldn't apply the process to RL and FAAB as well. I mean, it's not like demixing takes that much time. Five minutes to separate John's voice on NAT. Are they really gonna say, "Oh no, better leave off doing RL and FAAB, we'll be late for lunch." They MUST have done them too. To not do so would be the height of negligence and laziness.

In 2023 creating vastly improved versions of the Threetles tracks is not a big deal. Even Logic Pro will synch John's demo perfectly to the stuff recorded in 1995 in a matter of seconds. Then MAL will extract the vocal in less than five minutes. Add some eq and reverb to the vocal and... job done. 1000% improvement on the Anthology versions. One afternoon's work.

My guess is that there'll be some sort of new Beatles album with the three Threetles tracks and heavily demixed and reworked versions of selected tracks from the catalogue, covering from "then" till "now". Kind of like "Love" but hopefully less invasive.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I'm worried that Paul McCartney thinks there's a single person who doesn't know he was in The Beatles.
Paul...grab some Rupert Brookes - The Soldier for inspiration:
"And if I should die
think only this of me
that there is a piece of
some foreign field that is
forever England!"
Bring me my bow...
KC
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:34 am My guess is that there'll be some sort of new Beatles album with the three Threetles tracks and heavily demixed and reworked versions of selected tracks from the catalogue, covering from "then" till "now". Kind of like "Love" but hopefully less invasive.
Why start tumbling until you reach the top?
My hunch is we're heading for an app called De-Beatle.
Or,
an Anthology Siblingquel called Geniology!
Wake me when we run out of ether!
(I know, I'll already be awake!)
KC
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:34 am
My guess is that there'll be some sort of new Beatles album with the three Threetles tracks and heavily demixed and reworked versions of selected tracks from the catalogue, covering from "then" till "now". Kind of like "Love" but hopefully less invasive.
God I hope so. This is my dream release for 2023!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

theboxinargentina wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:37 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:34 am
God I hope so. This is my dream release for 2023!
Well it would be pretty interesting. I'm not that psyched about a Rubber Soul remix having done a perfectly good one myself, and there aren't many good outtakes from that album we haven't heard. So something totally off the wall might be nice.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:23 am Well it would be pretty interesting. I'm not that psyched about a Rubber Soul remix having done a perfectly good one myself, and there aren't many good outtakes from that album we haven't heard. So something totally off the wall might be nice.
If it does turn out to be what you say, my guess would be that it was an idea that was out there and maybe worked on some, but moved up and made a priority (over a Rubber Soul remix), due to the relatively sudden proliferation of AI audio tech. Best to get something like that out now as it's pretty clear all hell is going to break loose very soon with these tools available and getting better.