Restoration.

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Pepe_Java

Re: Restoration.

Post by Pepe_Java »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:06 pm
Pepe_Java wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:29 pm
KitsuHitsuyy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:54 pm You hire a professional team.
If i have the master tape or a new scan of a video, without a team, how i can get good restorations? Like, removing the scratches, interpolation, deinterlacing
Look at how the 1+ fixed up the Royal Variety performance, they manually removed scratches from a "private" or at least not publicly traded (not to my knowledge) kinescope source, and used a number of tricks, messing with lighting..etc to make it look modern,
watch this
With respect YPepe, you cannot do this, you need money and a team of professionals
About the color grading, i can do it in 5 minutes.
The Beatles Lost Performances: http://beatleslostperformances.great-site.net/
Tex

Post by Tex »

The restored "Penny Lane" is a bit of a fudge. It looks like to me they isolated the red coats and painted in some darker red because it was not possible to pull that amount of color saturation out of the faded film. You can even see them manually selecting sections.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:55 pm The restored "Penny Lane" is a bit of a fudge. It looks like to me they isolated the red coats and painted in some darker red because it was not possible to pull that amount of color saturation out of the faded film. You can even see them manually selecting sections.
I wish they would show off how they remastered She Loves You from Drop In, apple's Drop In source is so pretty, clean, full of detail that is lost in the bootlegged versions
Pepe_Java

Post by Pepe_Java »

silver_2000 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:07 pm
Engonoceras wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:55 pm The restored "Penny Lane" is a bit of a fudge. It looks like to me they isolated the red coats and painted in some darker red because it was not possible to pull that amount of color saturation out of the faded film. You can even see them manually selecting sections.
I wish they would show off how they remastered She Loves You from Drop In, apple's Drop In source is so pretty, clean, full of detail that is lost in the bootlegged versions
Probably they didn’t make nothing, they just have the master tape, which look better.
The Beatles Lost Performances: http://beatleslostperformances.great-site.net/