Amazing Paul "Strawberry Fields Forever" AI recreation.

tymime

Re: Amazing Paul "Strawberry Fields Forever" AI recreation.

Post by tymime »

harrylime wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:58 am It would be interesting to see the role of AI here, as it will be harder and harder for musicians to obtain access to obscurities like Melotrons, Moogs and Leslie speakers or simply musicians that can play a piccolo trumpet let alone be willing to tour with the band just to play Penny Lane every night…
Thanks to the magic of sample libraries and plugins, anybody who knows how to use a DAW has access to almost any instrument these days, including Mellotron, Moog, and even piccolo trumpet. No AI needed!

On topic: AI vocals do seem to benefit a lot from the source being in the same singing style, this being a very good example.
suffragette

Post by suffragette »

Hi guys! This is my Strawberry Fields cover. Thank you so much for the kind comments. I noticed a certain reticence to share AI stuff on Hoffman forums as well and I was happy to find this thread!

As someone mentioned above, singing close to the singers style helps a lot. I've been doing that for many, many years now. And I just sat at my piano with the original 1969 snippet in mind, trying to capture Paul's playing and singing nuances and inflections at the time. I think there is a nice, respectful way to use AI voices and I really believe that's the way to go.

Thank you for the appreciation!
b1ockboy

Post by b1ockboy »

suffragette, I love your version of Strawberry Fields. Feel free to post any of your work here because I for one would love to hear them.

Paul
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

Suffragette,

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, except for ..... AI

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me .... AI

Ray Davies ( almost)

I think this is very nice done.

Flabbyroad...
Luckylymon

Post by Luckylymon »

Delightful, Really delightful!
I don't have a PFP because the filesize limit sucks
Tex

Post by Tex »

The video is back up:
greenfrog12

Post by greenfrog12 »

This is a good one, thanks
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

suffragette wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:47 am Hi guys! This is my Strawberry Fields cover. Thank you so much for the kind comments. I noticed a certain reticence to share AI stuff on Hoffman forums as well and I was happy to find this thread!

As someone mentioned above, singing close to the singers style helps a lot. I've been doing that for many, many years now. And I just sat at my piano with the original 1969 snippet in mind, trying to capture Paul's playing and singing nuances and inflections at the time. I think there is a nice, respectful way to use AI voices and I really believe that's the way to go.

Thank you for the appreciation!

this is among my favorite A.I (I don't spit on A.I models when it sounds that good and so natural (so to speak); the fragment of Paul singing Strawberry Fields Forever is well known from the Get Back sessions; it's amazing how you succeeded in doing a perfect impersonation of the complete song, and the final touch being the A.I vocal model; but it's your job and talent; the respectful approach is obvious when you listen to this complete reconstruction of Paul's Strawberry Forever because it shows how much you know Paul's vocals from this era, each inflection: you probably spent days and nights to listen to bootleg like me - all the models directly applied wouldn't work like this.
This is the best work I have head using A.I in the Beatles world : I have put a comment about A Pillow For Your Head/i] - is it you on the youtube video ?
viewtopic.php?p=117471#p117471

Perhaps you could finish "It's For You" - Paul's fragment from the acetate; but it's not Paul 1970.
Or "The Back Seat Of My Car" just piano from the Get Back sessions.

One thing I would love to hear is a complete "Help!" fall 1970 piano demo; John did not know how to "convert" the chords on piano for the chorus; thus he struggled and stopped here.
But I guess that John is perhaps not your "speciality" and above all I have never heard so far a convincing John Lennon A.I model.
mellowmatter

Post by mellowmatter »

One thing I would love to hear is a complete "Help!" fall 1970 piano demo; John did not know how to "convert" the chords on piano for the chorus; thus he struggled and stopped here.
But I guess that John is perhaps not your "speciality" and above all I have never heard so far a convincing John Lennon A.I model.
[/quote]

I think Youtuber Dae Lims does a pretty good Lennon vocal/model.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

mellowmatter wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:14 pm I think Youtuber Dae Lims does a pretty good Lennon vocal/model.
yes I check regularly his youtube page, but he never did "Help!" piano demo 1970 ? All I heard is Return To Pepperland; and a lot of Beach Boys, including the amazing Ocean Pacific Blues song by Dennis Wilson; and more recently even Michael Jackson..
perhaps I did not check the good youtube account ? Does Dae Lies has several Youtube account ? :?: