New McCartney Book

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
rhino

New McCartney Book

Post by rhino »

New book of photos taken by Paul 1964. "Eyes of The Storm".
Attachments
Paul McCartney.jpg
Paul McCartney.jpg (98.42 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
Lord Reith

Re: New McCartney Book

Post by Lord Reith »

Yeah I want this book.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I read the article in The Guardian. Even Paul "loses" stuff and rediscovers it later. I'll certainly add this to my coffee table rotation.

Let's ponder on how this stuff was rediscovered for a moment...

In my perfect world, it'd be darn sweet if Paul discovered a trove of audio recordings - demos, if you will- of the tunes he wrote for The Beatles.
A demo of, say, Another Girl (one of my favorite airy, campy, fluffy, Help! period songs), or mayhaps, a demo for the Sgt. Pepper concept... as it was germinating in his mind. We saw in PJ's Get Back how Get Back just spilled out of him virtually complete. Oh, if Paul were to discover that box where all this other stuff has remained, waiting to be rediscovered.

That's just my world. All I can sense with my own... Everyone's is a bit different....

As we allow ourselves to immerse ourselves in, and ponder our different worlds, and enjoy the treasures within, it's easy to see how all the strife and incongruity betwixt peoples simply falls away, leaving beauty, wonder, discovery,....and some really good food, too!
stereohysteria

Post by stereohysteria »

I'm not sure how "newly" discovered this trove of pictures is -- the photo of George living the good life in Miami has been part of Paul's stage show on the screen during "Something" for at least 13 years! (Photo attached from August 2010.) But hype aside, I'm chuffed to be able to see some new perspectives from a very well-documented time period.
HPIM1895.JPG
HPIM1895.JPG (701.54 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Edit: It was also present a year before in 2009 at Citi Field. Can anyone find the earliest appearance of this photo? Answers on a postcard...
Last edited by stereohysteria on Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

From today's Atlantic:

I SAW YOU STANDING THERE
Reflections on my 1964 trip to New York City—and what Beatlemania felt like to me and my bandmates

By Paul McCartney
Photographs by Paul McCartney
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ok/674166/

Paul McCartney is a founding member of The Beatles and the author of 1964: Eyes of the Storm.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Paul had his photo (and music) archives digitized by HP back around 2011, perhaps that's where these come from.