5 New Lewisohn Dates in the UK: Evolver63

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
zappaf78

Re: 5 New Lewisohn Dates in the UK: Evolver63

Post by zappaf78 »

fabwill wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:41 pm
- Mark played a demo of Misery recorded in the Cavern for Helen Shapiro. Was this known?
I've never heard of such a recording! How did it sound? How was the sound quality? The same as the other Cavern rehearsal tape? That's quite cool to hear!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Let's be fair!
Mark is casting aspersions on his own professionalism by continuing to work on anything Beatles!(Especially that bewk)...
I'm worried that he is tormented by a love for The Beatles that is greater than my own. Once, I loved them so much, I wanted to move to France, to start painting a series of portraits of each Beatle with one ear missing but I couldn't get a passport in Van Gogh's name! So, Mark is a mystic. Mark loves The Beatles. Mark won't ever be compensated for his labor! Mark must love Beatles fans, too! You see what I mean?
I trust his judgement, but, only if he still has both ears!
Thank you, Mark. You could have stopped at Sainthood!(Chronicle)
He loves them more than I do.
Hide the oils!
Starry, starry night before
We better just check his misery, before his painting.
KC
Last edited by Kwai Chang on Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

zappaf78 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:44 pm
- Mark played a demo of Misery recorded in the Cavern for Helen Shapiro. Was this known?
I've never heard of such a recording! How did it sound? How was the sound quality? The same as the other Cavern rehearsal tape? That's quite cool to hear!
The sound was pretty good - certainly listenable. They sang it from the perspective of the girl.
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:16 pm
He loves them more than I do.
Hide the oils!
Starry, starry night before
We better just check his misery, before his painting.
KC
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

fabwill wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:21 pm
zappaf78 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:44 pm
The sound was pretty good - certainly listenable. They sang it from the perspective of the girl.
I wish we could hear this recording!

There was an another song recorded together with "Misery" in the Cavern and it was "Love of the Loved".
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

A new version of Misery? I really hope no-one broke the rules and recorded it. If there was any rule-breaking going on I would like to know.

Just got back from the Johnny Marr show. Johnny is one of my guitar heroes so was double great hearing them both muse on all things Beatle. Fabulous presentation interspersed with opinion, chat, ramble and several funny moments including Johnny throwing a jelly baby at Mark, who objected when it turned out to be a wine gum!

Few things learned by me - John did not threaten to use the F-word backstange before the Royal Variety Performance, it was a story concocted by Brian Epstein. And more amazingly - George Harrison wrote a letter to a fan in 1963 citing He's So Fine by the Chiffons as one of his favourites. And, by the way, Andrew Loog Oldham worked for Brian Epstein and only took on the Stones himself after Eppy said he was too busy to take them on through NEMS.

Amazing day.

PS went through Soho Square on my way and saw the Wings Greatest statuette in the upstarirs window of the MPL offices, followed by a fab lunch at the Radha Krishna Temple.
Last edited by Mr Bump on Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I told you, everything leads to them.
Now, envision Mark painting the book.
It's an eye(ear?)-of-the-beholder kinda thang!
I haven't read Tune In.
But, I tried to tell him...
This story won't ever be complete.
So, it might be better to stay practical before another decade of internet waft settles onto the chronology!
The target demographic should at least consider the skills developed by tasks related to internet dysplasia (ie short attention span, fictitious reality, $11.99 Logitech audio speakers, etc). Give us the broad strokes before we want even less!
Because, the wages aren't going up!
You want misery?
Just get us up river!
KC

Can you see a king sized picture of this?-----> REAL misery is 'artificial' Misery! Looking up to me for encouragement, it was so-so!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'd love to hear a recording of the show.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:22 am I'd love to hear a recording of the show.
I’m sure you will ;)
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Misery demo acetate, combined from two audience recordings so you get a stereo perspective. I think this makes it a little clearer.

https://tinyurl.com/expiry-june-28
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene