Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Maccawings

Re: Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Post by Maccawings »

I think it looks like another distraction this week
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Maccawings wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:39 am I think it looks like another distraction this week
Maybe they've pivoted to November. That makes more sense for Christmas anyway. They can't just cancel it like the days of old because all the lps would already be pressed. Changing it in any way would mean scrapping them all and waiting six months or more for more pressing plants to become available.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:18 am
Maybe they've pivoted to November. That makes more sense for Christmas anyway. They can't just cancel it like the days of old because all the lps would already be pressed. Changing it in any way would mean scrapping them all and waiting six months or more for more pressing plants to become available.
Someone on SHF who claims to know is saying December.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Technology is about to leave everyone behind...and not just capacity-wise. Audio 5 treatment of the whole Beatles catalog would have put this blurry mess into perspective. A better sounding starting point would have forged its own virtue from the mayhem of familiarity...while the SDE campaign leaves us all grumpy and put-off. The technology couldn't have foreseen its own cannibalism. But, Audio 5 could unify the masses by bringing the basics to upgrade mode and we could have had a collective new benchmark to launch the SDE from all the while remaining semi-aloof regarding remixing vs. AI and any similar forms of heretical tampering or massaging!
Problem? with commemorating anniversaries...
(the other 364 days)
Take heart, Lord Reith!
Forums can be benchmarks.
The Beatles knew garbage before playback.
That's not trivia!
Thanks!
KC
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:41 am What a fizzer. We expected Paul and Ringo guesting with John, and instead got them singing along with a hasbeen country singer. In the scheme of things, Taylor Swift's album was more exciting news.
1989 Taylor Version out October maybe wait till it is out or before everyone waiting for that version most
Chris
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:18 am
Maccawings wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:39 am I think it looks like another distraction this week
It's always possible that they have pivoted for a later release. My distraction comment is more pointed to it looks like a different release coming possibly this week or in the very least sooner
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

WOA76 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:10 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:41 am What a fizzer. We expected Paul and Ringo guesting with John, and instead got them singing along with a hasbeen country singer. In the scheme of things, Taylor Swift's album was more exciting news.
1989 Taylor Version out October maybe wait till it is out or before everyone waiting for that version most
Yes, If chart position is a concern to Apple, than they would need to release prior to Taylor's end of October release to maybe as far as 2 or 3 weeks after the release. Once her release day hits and all of those pre-sales get counted, The Beatles will not even be close. Especially if you are required to buy multiple disks.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Would it even sell though? The way it is being described it sounds like they are counting on us to buy the physical discs and the millenials to adopt the streaming version. I'm not sure there's enough of us and also a lot of us have said "Mehh, not interested" so i can't see a R&B set selling like the SDEs did. Unless there's outtakes included of course.
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:55 pm Would it even sell though? The way it is being described it sounds like they are counting on us to buy the physical discs and the millenials to adopt the streaming version. I'm not sure there's enough of us and also a lot of us have said "Mehh, not interested" so i can't see a R&B set selling like the SDEs did. Unless there's outtakes included of course.
I think they've done everything possible to derail success. But not seeing the whole picture yet, maybe something hidden there yet to be seen
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I wish they'd done a new 4 disc compilation, that could have been cool. I think it could be even better non-chronological. Mixing up the eras works quite well if you choose the right songs. For example, All My Loving Sounds just fine coming after Getting Better and it's only anoraks like us that know they are from different periods. For the general population, the difference of 4 years between them is irrelevant given that's how long many bands have between albums now, or that Covid was nearly 4 years ago now. Obviously you wouldn't put Love Me Do after A Day In The Life, but by sequencing it carefully you could get a really great double or triple album that avoided the whole early Beatles / late Beatles thing that so many people seem to have a problem with (I don't think anybody actually has a grudge against early Beatles per se, rather that they get sick of too many "hand holding" songs in a row, or too many dated-sounding covers). They're all Beatles songs after all. There's no reason why Strawberry Fields can't come after In My Life and not sound perfectly appropriate to someone who's not a Beatard like us. Put Got To Get You Into My Life after Can't Buy Me Love - it works great, they're both melodically alike but different in their realisation.