Best Multi instrument extraction free and not? Suggestions please!!

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
RubberSolof

Best Multi instrument extraction free and not? Suggestions please!!

Post by RubberSolof »

Hi Guys,
There are so many out there.

Anybody got one they love?
One that not only does vocals and instrumentals but 4-8 stem extracting ( one place does this:

Vocal and Instrumental, Drums, Bass, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano and Synthesizer (beta) but they don't offer a subscribtion.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Michael
Lord Reith

Re: Best Multi instrument extraction free and not? Suggestions please!!

Post by Lord Reith »

https://www.lalal.ai/ has the most instrument separations but is the most expensive as you have to pay by the minute. But at least you can test it out for free to see if it's gonna work on the song.

Otherwise mvsep.com has ALL the free options in a dropdown box. Demucs3, Unmix XL and UVR are the best ones. But it has become a victim of its own popularity, with long waiting times.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

I suggest trying the newly updated UVR 5.1 available free at https://github.com/Anjok07/ultimatevocalremovergui The windows update can be installed over the old V5 version if you already have that or just installed if you do not & I think it has some more training files added also. It will take a little while to download as it has a rather large training file. All processing is done locally once the program is installed so no internet connection is necessary to run it.

To do a 6 stem extraction, choose Demucs for the Process Method, then v4/htdemucs_6s for the Demucs Model (you may have to download it through this interface if it is not shown), then select "All Stems" so all 6 stems will be extracted, then drag a song onto the top part, select an output location & then "Start Processing". They have increased the speed with this update also.

If you have a GPU, be sure to check that to speed up processing greatly. I do not have a separate GPU so a 2 minute song will take several minutes to process I have found but the results can be very good in most cases.

Rog
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Thank you both for your thoughts.

I tried lalala. Not only did it do a horrible job on my test song (Band on The Run) removing the acoustic guitar but cost wise it's outragous. You can only run 1 extraction (ie drums only) at a time but it also then subtracts those minutes from your prepaid minutes... so 1 songs complete extracts could take an hour off your total time bought. I can't see that business model ever ever succeeding. But thank you none the less for the suggestion LR... I wouldn't know if I didn't try.

Thank you also Rog for the detailed answer. I look forward to trying your suggestion... but I'm hoping they have a model for MAC

Cheers guys!!
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

RubberSolof wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:27 pm You can only run 1 extraction (ie drums only) at a time but it also then subtracts those minutes from your prepaid minutes... so 1 songs complete extracts could take an hour off your total time bought. I can't see that business model ever ever succeeding.
Oof, well then get a good GPU and run those models on your machine. At that rate per stem and with the amount of separations I have had it run, my RTX3060 GPU has paid off already after one and a half years. Cost me about 500€, iirc.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

grrrr. I have a mac. I just updated to the newest software. but he program above that Rog recommended wants me to install macOS 11.0.

THERE IS NO MAC OS 11.0 I have the latest update and it's only 10.15.7

grrrr

back to the drawing board.

does x-Minus offer 6 channel separation??
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

RubberSolof wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:35 pm grrrr. I have a mac. I just updated to the newest software. but he program above that Rog recommended wants me to install macOS 11.0.

THERE IS NO MAC OS 11.0 I have the latest update and it's only 10.15.7

grrrr

back to the drawing board.

does x-Minus offer 6 channel separation??
I have a Mac and installed Demucs3 with very little trouble. It takes about ten minutes to create stems for one song, so pretty quick and to do a batch you just type a list of all the songs you want extracted and go to bed. I have tried all the algorithms and Demucs consistently performs the best on wildly varying types of music. The only area in which it falls down is sometimes it doesn't get the bass guitar right, but other softwares have that problem too. In those instances I use Unmix XL to get the bass. A good example is Little Child: Demucs, UVR, Spleeeter and all the others produced a nonsense bass line which was a mash of the piano low notes and bass guitar. Only Unmix got the right bass line.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Thanks LR... I'll give it a whirl!
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

I get this message everytime on hXXps://demucs.danielfrg.com/

fetch error:

Failed to fetch
I'm just dropping and dragging in (Or choosing file of) random mp3's and flac's i have.

Am I doing something wrong?
M
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

and I just tried to download it for mac and it wants me to use the terminal and enter commands ...and that is something I am very uncomfortable with unfortunately.