New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Egg_Crisis

Re: New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by Egg_Crisis »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:36 pm Are you sure they started with a raw tape?

Collectors Music Reviews described it as a "remaster by Graf Zeppelin." Which, to me, implies it was RE-mastered from some other already mastered source. Yeah, semantics maybe, but if this new release started with just the raw tape, wouldn't the correct term be just "mastered by Graf Zeppelin"?
The word 'remaster' has been so debased across live music sharing sites as to have become utterly meaningless, so I wouldn't read too much into it!

And yeah, a crappy lathe cut LP of this material is going to sound brilliant isn't it! Still,it'll look nice!
Lord Reith

Re: New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by Lord Reith »

The way I read it, they've used the original tape and tried to reduce the sound of the air conditioner. I was able successfully to remove the sound, but once removed the utter abscence of any bass frequencies becomes alarmingly obvious. So it actually sounds better leaving it in, since it deceives the ear into thinking there's bass there in the same way that hiss deceives the ear into thinking there are non existent high frequencies present.

Not sure what Graf have done but maybe gone halfway?

Meanwhile we wait patiently for the BL to upload their copy to youtube. Nothing to lose now.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

THE BEATLES / SCHOOL GIG "Memories of Stowe Academy" (2CD) The miraculous live sound source of that topic is now available for the first time! The second version of the paper jacket is now available!
https://www.sendico.com/shop/ayahoo/catalog/e1106375475
EVS Version
Chris
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

This is just going to be bootlegged forever. It's like the 1970s when there were 50 different releases of Yellow Matter Custard.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 am This is just going to be bootlegged forever. It's like the 1970s when there were 50 different releases of Yellow Matter Custard.
To kinda quote song. “””MONEY that what bootlegers want “”
Chris
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 am This is just going to be bootlegged forever. It's like the 1970s when there were 50 different releases of Yellow Matter Custard.
I agree. There will be other sources though and some of them may be an upgrade.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

harrythebannister wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:26 pm
I agree. There will be other sources though and some of them may be an upgrade.
And then they'll have ten different releases too. Craziness.
TAKRL

Post by TAKRL »

TAKRL wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:35 pm Another Stowe School bootleg CD will be released this weekend. It uses the original recorded sources, before EMPRESS VALLEY equalised the audio tracks and did a fake edit on I Saw Her Standing There (reprise).

hxxps://ecd.easy-myshop.jp/c-item-detail?ic=A000009368
hxxp://www.dadgad.jp/lm/view_gallery.cgi?mode=g_01
I posted here.
viewtopic.php?t=7433
WOA76

Re: (MERGED TOPICS) New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by WOA76 »

TAKRL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:10 pm I live in Japan and I went to the shop today to get this CD.
The sound quality is not great, but the beatles performance is really great.

Wish i was there I need get more Dreamcast game also HAHA
Chris
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

For some Aussies
ABC HD TV - 20 feb 2024
11:00 - 1200pm rpt Antiques Roadshow 2009
Blechley Park.
About 34 mins in Beatles scrapbook and partial details about their appearance and dinner photos after the appearance.
Noticed it while watching this afternoons re-repeat of their older episodes.