New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
MrMurphMcgee

Re: (MERGED TOPICS) New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Dang. Sad to see it’s locked away for most of us.
evenswr

Re: (MERGED TOPICS) New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by evenswr »

macho wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:58 pm Enjoy!
Thanks Macho!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:29 pm Dang. Sad to see it’s locked away for most of us.
It's a shit outcome. Also cruelly poetic... given that the concert was originally given for the priveliged, and now only those with the privelige of living near the British Library can hear it.

Should have put it on youtube. They'll never learn.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Doug

Post by Doug »

I'm thinking about the Velvet Underground rehearsals that were only played at the Andy Warhol Museum and were never supposed to get out.
They got out. Perhaps this will, too, because if you can hear it, someone's going to figure out a way to record it.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

So not only were the Beatles recorded performing at Stowe School but were then "Flower-potted" eating dinner later that evening.....gob smacking.
I wonder if the Dinner tape will get out or not.
As for the performance, It is bound to get recorded and bootlegged at some point in the future.
redlightflash

Post by redlightflash »

Welp guess it's time to move to England and get a job at the library for a couple days because how would this be able to be booted unless you work there ? It's just a sound booth like those preview computer stations music stores had?
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

As was to be expected, the in-line fidelity is significantly better.
musigny23

Post by musigny23 »

A very mixed decision.

Positives:
Not sold to Apple/McCartney for burial.
Unedited, unprocessed "raw" transfer.
possible to hear even if under very limited specific circumstances.

Negatives:
Very limited and restricted access.
Can't (as of yet) possess and own a hard copy format version or digital file version for personal listening anytime.

Hopefully it will change. Does the Library possess other similar recordings that a dedicated fan base would want to liberate? Has it happened there before? If this is the first of this type for them, they may not realize how determined fans can be to get a copy which would be good.

I'd really like to know how this decision was reached. What options were considered, who had input, whom did he consult with?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I thought it sounded better than it did before. Not as distorted.

I'm glad it didn't get buried, but it's still stupid restricting access to the library. 99 out of a hundred fans would listen to this once and never again. It's only the likes of us who are truly interested in it and most of us are prevented from hearing it. What harm would putting it online do, aside from selling afew hundred cds for some company in Japan? Zero harm to The Beatles brand, zero profit loss, zero effect on anyone or anything.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rogerwhatdidyoudo

Post by rogerwhatdidyoudo »

I put all the audio from both broadcasts together and got almost 7 minutes of the tape. Still quite a bit of talking over it, but I was able to merge some narration-less parts into it.