New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
yymca6

Re: New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by yymca6 »

Thanks for both downloads
Yves
jgjohnson

Re: New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by jgjohnson »

My worst fear is that Apple will get involved in this, and then you know what will happen, NOTHING!
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nice one. Just shows you that there's more to be discovered out there even after 60 years. Here's more info from the Beeb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65167799
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

jgjohnson wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:42 pm My worst fear is that Apple will get involved in this, and then you know what will happen, NOTHING!
Nothing will happen either way. Owner will not let it out in internet.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

The tape sounds too poor to have a commercial release to be honest.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Oh how very, very typical.

A singular and historically important 1 hour tape of The Beatles is uncovered, and what do we get? 30 seconds of the tape and 59 and a half minutes of people talking about how great it is.

I would get excited if I thought there was the slightest chance we'll ever hear it, and it won't just go into the same black hole that the Bournmouth concert fell into. It's a pity too, because this is basically the sort of thing we've been dreaming of all these years: The Beatles at their live peak, playing a full set in front of a non screaming crowd. What a waste.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

(I see LR was writing at the same time.)

A rare tape suddenly and unexpectedly appears! Immediately suppress most of it!

So frustrating, what is the point of this...

The person who taped it is "embarrassed" (?). Never played it for 60 years, at least he kept it and finally remembered he had it!

It doesn't need a commerical release, it's an historical artifact that should be shared for the betterment of humanity or whatever.

I guess the presence of third-party songs complicates the situation.

Maybe they can make some sort of two-fer with the Quarrymen tape (another thing that should have been shared, otherwise just erase the rest of it...).
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

alphabeatles wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:55 pm (I see LR was writing at the same time.)

A rare tape suddenly and unexpectedly appears! Immediately suppress most of it!

So frustrating, what is the point of this...

The person who taped it is "embarrassed" (?). Never played it for 60 years, at least he kept it and finally remembered he had it!

It doesn't need a commerical release, it's an historical artifact that should be shared for the betterment of humanity or whatever.

I guess the presence of third-party songs complicates the situation.

Maybe they can make some sort of two-fer with the Quarrymen tape (another thing that should have been shared, otherwise just erase the rest of it...).
Yeah the owner was interested in it enough to showcase it here so I'm guessing they'll either license this out to film productions or they'll privately trade it for other things.
beatleross

Post by beatleross »

60 years ago exactly
ohbodder

Beatles at Stowe 1963 recording found

Post by ohbodder »