Australian Rubber Soul Mono Needledrop

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Jio_lennon

Re: Australian Rubber Soul Mono Needledrop

Post by Jio_lennon »

K_A_P68 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:59 am Here are the two versions shared previously:

hxxps://we.tl/t-JcDS3HBS9s

Can you re-upload them please?
K_A_P68

Post by K_A_P68 »

Last time for these:

hxxps://we.tl/t-7VAFyGzQzz
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

r9453 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm A UK Loud Cut would be the same pressing then?

I would hesitate to say that without some qualification. Clearly they are not exactly the same since they were made half a world apart, at different factories. However, they were both EMI plants with essentially the same machinery installed.

Without going into too much detail about the manufacturing process, the XEX 579-1 / XEX 580-1 matrixes were "cut" aka "mastered" at EMI UK. The master was then used to create metal positive matrices, or "mothers". I'm not sure how many but at least one set of "mothers" was sent to Australia. (The mothers are used to produce the stampers that actually press the records.)

Starting with Rubber Soul EMI (Australia) reverted to importing mothers. UK mothers shipped to Australia were machine stamped with the matrix and lacquer numbers, but (unlike in the UK) they were normally not stamped with the mother numbers. Production of the EMI "loud cut" RS continued until June 1969 when the mono catalogue was discontinued.

Note the cover will not be identical to a UK cover.
So does this mean that Aus copy With The Beatles' different mix? it is my favorite album i am trying to get copy digitally and real
Chris