German Stereo Vinyls and other oldies but goldies

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
yymca6

Re: German Stereo Vinyls and other oldies but goldies

Post by yymca6 »

Venus and Mars wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:11 pm
yymca6 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:06 pm
Venus and Mars wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:42 pm apparently my external hard drive broke, 2 1/2 years of "work" ruined (almost 2T of music), pissed off, going to take a break to change my mind... :(
OMG David, that is a real bummer. No ways to recoup what's on the drive?
I don't know, I don't know anything about it sadly, I'll try, it says "virtual clone drive" instead of "Toshiba" hard drive
OH like the virtual drive on my Mac for running Windows. If you can read its content then maybe you should try to copy the content to another external drive. It's been a long time since I haven't regularly work on PCs running Windows.
Yves
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

I don't know, instead of the hard disk I have this message and it makes the computer bug if I click on it, sorry for all that
Attachments
Hard drive.jpg
Hard drive.jpg (2.6 KiB) Viewed 685 times
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

another possibility is take the defective HD into a staples store..also get a new ext HD and bring that along..go to the service dept and ask them to move all ur data over to the new HD..i know about this cause i did this years ago..
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

pumma4 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:00 am another possibility is take the defective HD into a staples store..also get a new ext HD and bring that along..go to the service dept and ask them to move all ur data over to the new HD..i know about this cause i did this years ago..
I think it's a conflict with "windows". When I do a reboot it takes 30 mn+ and I have this message "Scanning and repairing drive E 100% complete".
I'm gonna make it repaired by a professional if it's possible, it will be my christmas gift...
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Venus and Mars wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:40 am
pumma4 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:00 am another possibility is take the defective HD into a staples store..also get a new ext HD and bring that along..go to the service dept and ask them to move all ur data over to the new HD..i know about this cause i did this years ago..
I think it's a conflict with "windows". When I do a reboot it takes 30 mn+ and I have this message "Scanning and repairing drive E 100% complete".
I'm gonna make it repaired by a professional if it's possible, it will be my christmas gift...
Good idea. And it's also time to buy yourself some Christmas presents, backup drives. You can't trust HD, that's why I have everything in double, if not triple.
Yves
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

Even tho' I have WIN10 on my Laptop, the last update wipe my Laptop's memory, regarding sites, I visit

I remember Bill Gates saying it was improved, but by my experience, I still prefer XP

Since then, I learned not to trust what he says, &

why a former CEO is funding with Real Viruses, is beyond me?

For a non-Elected, person,, he is the Fool on the Hill

There was an ad in Facebook, about, I think SSD Drives, or something like that

It was 20 Terrabytes, & went 500MB, per second around on sale for $79.99

That was last January..Supposed to be Solid State...

I'm not on FB, anymore since Feb. as I was hacked...

I been buying 5, 4 Terrabyte Toshiba External Hard Drives, since I pulled me out of debt

So far so good..They have a red/pinkish shell, & I used a marker to tell me which one I'm using
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

I'm sending it to a store, apparently it's in very bad condition (it's 4T not 2T :( ) fingers crossed, thanks for the support
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

to come back to the subject (sorry for all these) I'm going to do again Rubber Soul and Revolver (which I had finished before the " disaster ")
recordroman

Post by recordroman »

David, I am very saddened to learn of your situation. I think I share the sentiments of this community, if there is anything we might be able to do to help you get thru this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here on this thread - it's the least we might be able to do after all the great shares you have posted here.
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

recordroman wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:31 pm David, I am very saddened to learn of your situation. I think I share the sentiments of this community, if there is anything we might be able to do to help you get thru this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here on this thread - it's the least we might be able to do after all the great shares you have posted here.
Thanks recordroman
I had all the Lord Reith since 2020, my 50+ vinyls rips of Beatles, Shadows, Beach Boys etc.., all the Atmos (Beatles and solo, Beach boys), many bootlegs, vinyls rips of Pbthal and and Dr Robert, many rips of blu ray audio and so...