The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl (Dr. Ebbett DBM-032A/B) FLAC

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
powerPC

Re: The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl (Dr. Ebbett DBM-032A/B) FLAC

Post by powerPC »

Oh snap, i should've read your post better LOL -- Thanks!
—Keith
r9453

Post by r9453 »

Not to forget this one posted by powewrPC:
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

r9453 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:41 pm Not to forget this one posted by powewrPC:
I guess I missed this one.

I checked and I have all the other 6 but cannot find this one, not even in BeatlesVI excellent upload.

Do you have a link for this one?
Last edited by yymca6 on Mon May 24, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yves
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Thanks r9453. Looking at the review you posted above (https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/ ... dbm-032ab/), part of the text stood out to me...

"... Dr. Ebbett produced a hypothetical album based on the existing acetate. In 2006 the mono was released and the following year the stereo. This is a silver pressed two disc edition with both productions. Dr. Ebbett wrote at the time of the release of the mono:

“Ebbetts decided to bring this never-completed idea to life by utilizing the suggested artwork from Bruce Spizer’s remarkable book on the history of the Beatles on Capitol Records and compiling the best sounding source material. What eventually came about was a very popular addition to the Ebbetts catalogue.

“Unfortunately, even with its popularity, this title has always ‘bugged’ me a bit – as well as many others along the way. While it did offer a stereophonic version of the COMPLETE performance with detailed Ebbetts labelling and artwork, it wasn’t a TRUE representation of the project as created by Capitol. (I have been reminded of this fact more times than I care to recount).

“The original acetate was edited to exclude much of the chatter and dead space and made to sound a bit tighter. Some slight reverb was also applied to the original acetate to enhance the ‘live’ feel. None of these specifications were evident on the original Ebbetts stereo release of this title. That’s where THIS release comes in. Using the original Capitol acetate as a guide, this release replicates EVERY detail of the original.

“It has been edited PRECISELY as the acetate was, and with the help of several people who are not only Beatle afficianados, but PROFOUNDLY knowledgeable with sound and effects, the reverb has been replicated. This MONO TYPE-B mix was created exactly as the Capitol acetate was. This is how this project should have been released by Ebbetts originally.”  Both transfers are flawless and sound great. The stereo includes the long and introduction at the beginning, but they are musically the same.
"

I'm curious, does anyone know if this is referring to the actual DESS TAO-2222/STAO-2222 releases, or this (possibly newer) DBM-032A/B release? Or are they exactly the same? Sorry, I probably should know this, but the DESS discs I have sound like what is possibly being referred to in the review as "... it wasn't a TRUE representation of the project as created by Capitol." (E.g. I can’t hear the added reverb)

Bruce Spizer's excellent "The Beatles' Story On Capitol Records" states:
"On August 27, 1964, Gilmore and Davis prepared stereo mixes from the three-track concert tape, which was edited by eliminating the time between the introduction of the band and the first song and by removing some of Paul’s introductory comments to Ringo’s rendition of Boys. A mono Type B acetate of the proposed album, with a total running time of less than thirty minutes, was cut on September 3, 1964.... Perhaps motivated by the knowledge that the Beatles would not be completing a new album in time for the 1966 Christmas season, Capitol prepared stereo acetates of the 1964 concert on September 30, 1966 (Project No. 31-4877). Once again, the Beatles said, “NO.” ("The Beatles' Story On Capitol Records", page 86)

Anyway, apologies for the long rambling post... like I said, I'm really just curious about the details... it's really neither here nor there. :)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 5.37.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 5.37.19 PM.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 1579 times
Last edited by powerPC on Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Keith
r9453

Post by r9453 »

yymca6 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:27 pm Do you have a link for this one?
Yes, the third post ITT, thanks to powerPC.

EDIT: Notice in the screenshot provided by powerPC that the acetate refers to Project No. 4877. This corresponds to the DESS CD images I posted earlier:
STAO 2222 Live At The Hollywood Bowl Capitol Project 4877 - 1964 show - acetate edit
TAO 2222 Live At The Hollywood Bowl Capitol Project 4877 - 1964 show - acetate edit
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

r9453 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:09 pm
yymca6 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:27 pm Do you have a link for this one?
Yes, the third post ITT, thanks to powerPC.

EDIT: Notice in the screenshot provided by powerPC that the acetate refers to Project No. 4877. This corresponds to the DESS CD images I posted earlier:
STAO 2222 Live At The Hollywood Bowl Capitol Project 4877 - 1964 show - acetate edit
TAO 2222 Live At The Hollywood Bowl Capitol Project 4877 - 1964 show - acetate edit
Duh...

I gotta get new glasses LOL

Thanks for making me realize it.
Yves