Live series misterclaudel / valkyrie records

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
paulramon

Re: Misterclaudel

Post by paulramon »

MUR - I saw a dealer advertising Vol 6 but have not seen it offered for sale yet.
MUR wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:54 pm Meanwhile, All 5 parts of MCCD Lost Lennon Tapes were released. Part 3 was released in the beginning of 2023, parts 4,5 - recently.
Could someone please kindly share LLT parts 3,4,5 ? Maybe in pm. I'd appreciate very much.
MUR

Post by MUR »

paulramon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:20 pm MUR - I saw a dealer advertising Vol 6 but have not seen it offered for sale yet.
That's not a surprise. MC advertises vol.6 on his site for quite a time now (more than a week).
p.s.Interesting that he reserved MCCD numbers for 5 volumes in a row, but not for 6th and further, while it was easy to calculate how many volumes are needed because tracks are just copy from other label.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
MUR

Re: Live series misterclaudel / valkyrie records

Post by MUR »

Sttngds9 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:59 am Misterclaudel's Onedrive link is out. Does anyone have any other links?
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... 8C5E05B5CB
It is not 'out'. That's a property of onedrive: see signature of Phil_Lip under every his message.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
Fungomatto03

Post by Fungomatto03 »

MUR wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 pm
paulramon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:20 pm MUR - I saw a dealer advertising Vol 6 but have not seen it offered for sale yet.
That's not a surprise. MC advertises vol.6 on his site for quite a time now (more than a week).
p.s.Interesting that he reserved MCCD numbers for 5 volumes in a row, but not for 6th and further, while it was easy to calculate how many volumes are needed because tracks are just copy from other label.
Sorry for the 'stupid' question, but what's the difference between MMCD LLT and the others releases?
Quality or what's else?

Thanks
Luca
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Fungomatto03 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:37 pm Sorry for the 'stupid' question, but what's the difference between MMCD LLT and the others releases?
Quality or what's else?

Thanks
Luca
Not a stupid question.

When Misterclaudel's first LLT volume came out a couple of years ago, I'd been dying for a tape-sourced set of LLTs. The Misterclaudels however were sourced from needledrops then circulating of the old LLT Bag vinyl series. Those needledrops sounded pretty clean and did not have a lot of surface noise. However, there were occasional clicks in the needledrops. These exact clicks were also on the Misterclaudels, which is why I concluded that Misterclaudel had started with those needledrops.

In this though, it wasn't entirely bad.

The needledrops ran a tad fast. (I'm not sure if the speed problems originated from the Bag vinyls or had been inadvertently introduced by the needledropper.) Misterclaudel however corrected the speed problem. They also remastered the needledrops. Often, they've boosted the levels so that the sound was occasionally harsh to my ears-- but others might differ.

Of the tracks I A/B'd, I didn't find a track where-- speed issues aside-- I clearly preferred the Misterclaudel over the Bag needledrops. However, like I said, improving the speed problems really did help.

CAVEAT: I never got around to A/B'ing the other Misterclaudel LLT sets, so these findings related strictly to the Misterclaudel's first LLT volume. I've bought most of the other sets (and intend to get LLT6 when it hits the streets) but I just haven't "studied" them in the same level of detail as the first set.
Fungomatto03

Post by Fungomatto03 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:28 pm
Fungomatto03 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:37 pm Sorry for the 'stupid' question, but what's the difference between MMCD LLT and the others releases?
Quality or what's else?

Thanks
Luca
Not a stupid question.

When Misterclaudel's first LLT volume came out a couple of years ago, I'd been dying for a tape-sourced set of LLTs. The Misterclaudels however were sourced from needledrops then circulating of the old LLT Bag vinyl series. Those needledrops sounded pretty clean and did not have a lot of surface noise. However, there were occasional clicks in the needledrops. These exact clicks were also on the Misterclaudels, which is why I concluded that Misterclaudel had started with those needledrops.

In this though, it wasn't entirely bad.

The needledrops ran a tad fast. (I'm not sure if the speed problems originated from the Bag vinyls or had been inadvertently introduced by the needledropper.) Misterclaudel however corrected the speed problem. They also remastered the needledrops. Often, they've boosted the levels so that the sound was occasionally harsh to my ears-- but others might differ.

Of the tracks I A/B'd, I didn't find a track where-- speed issues aside-- I clearly preferred the Misterclaudel over the Bag needledrops. However, like I said, improving the speed problems really did help.

CAVEAT: I never got around to A/B'ing the other Misterclaudel LLT sets, so these findings related strictly to the Misterclaudel's first LLT volume. I've bought most of the other sets (and intend to get LLT6 when it hits the streets) but I just haven't "studied" them in the same level of detail as the first set.
thanks for your great answer
Luca
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

Question about: MCCD 170/171 Wings 1975 Studio Tour Rehearsals

Do anyone know why the 1975 Elstree rehearsals are paired with various tracks from the World Tour Rehearsals (Let 'Em Out Vol. 4-5) or are these ALL from the same 1975 rehearsals? If so, this Misterclaudel set seems to be missing quite a few rehearsals that are present on the World Tour Rehearsals.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

HenryTheHorse wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:26 pm Question about: MCCD 170/171 Wings 1975 Studio Tour Rehearsals

Do anyone know why the 1975 Elstree rehearsals are paired with various tracks from the World Tour Rehearsals (Let 'Em Out Vol. 4-5) or are these ALL from the same 1975 rehearsals? If so, this Misterclaudel set seems to be missing quite a few rehearsals that are present on the World Tour Rehearsals.
Let 'Em Out is from Trevor Jones Tapes he was if i recall McCartney roddie from start
https://webgrafikk.com/blog/uncategoriz ... nes-tapes/

These tapes all leak at the same time this his tape
From the Trevor Jones Collection – 2 cds worth of rehearsals over 3 days in September, 1975.

01. Little Woman Love / C Moon
02. You Gave Me The Answer
03. Live And Let Die (Part 2 working Session)

These tracks date from the early September 1975 Elstree Film Studio rehearsals for the Wings UK tour later that month. There are three cassettes in the Trevor Jones collection from this era, named “1975 Tour Setlist,” “Tour Rehearsal 1975,” and “Day 2 Elstree, 1975.” It’s hard to tell which tracks are sourced from which, but it does seem (through the track labeling as well as the sonic quality) that there are 3 different sources for these tracks. This one is “Tour Rehearsal 1975.”

04 Junior’s Farm (Version 1)
05. Junior’s Farm (Version 2)
06. Let Em In (Take 1)
07. Little Woman Love / C Moon
08. Old Man River
09. Soily
10. Stealin’
11. Suicide

More Elstree rehearsals. Since Soily and Junior’s Farm are more developed, thus this may be “Day 2 Elstree 1975.” Let ‘Em In was a runthrough with the band.

12. Venus and Mars – Rock Show – Jet
13. Let Me Roll It
14. Spirits of Ancient Egypt
15 Lady Madonna
16. The Long and Winding Road
17. Picasso Last Words / Richard Cory
18. Bluebird
19. I’ve Just Seen A Face
20. Blackbird
21. Yesterday
22. You Gave Me The Answer
23. Magneto And Titanium Man
24. Medicine Jar
25. Go Now
26. Letting Go
27. Live And Let Die
28. Call Me Back Again (Incomplete)
29. My Love
30. Listen To What The Man Said
31. Band on the Run
32. Hi Hi Hi
33. Soily

MCCD 170/171 Wings 1975 Studio Tour Rehearsals
is from September 6, 1975
https://www.the-paulmccartney-project.c ... er-6-1975/

A few of you may recall that last year I dug out my collection of George Harrison audio cassettes from his tour in Japan and trans-coded them all too digital. I decided it was time to embark on another project. For no particular reason I have chosen to tackle the Wings over the World tour of 75-76. Working strictly from cassettes sources that I collected back in the 70’s and 80’s, I will be posting every show that I have from this tour along with any interviews, sound-checks, press conferences and whatever else might relate. I am going to do them in chronological order and it is going to take some time. So please don’t bombard me with requests for any particular show. If I have it I will get to it in due time, be patient.
This, the first post, features a rehearsal show and a couple of interviews. Please note that the quality of most of these shows is nothing special. Most of the shows I would rate as fair audience recordings. So this would be more for historical purposes them for your listening pleasure. Either way I would prefer to get this stuff out of the attic and into circulation. Some of these recordings have been booted and my copies may or may not be any better than those. I make no claim to either. But everything I am presenting here comes from a tape source, no boots.
Paul McCartney and WingsEuropean Tour RehearsalElstree StudiosHertfordshire England
This roio is strange in the way the songs are cut. It has appeared the same way on a couple of boots. Somewhere out there may be a more complete version of this. I say that simply because of the way this tape fades in and out at the crop points. If you run out of tape while recording you end up with abrupt cuts, not smooth fades. There may not be much more on the master tape, but there has to be something more.

hope this right answer and did cause more confuson haha
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

from book
eight arms to hold you - the solo beatles compendium
by Chip Madinger and Mark Easter
https://lennonology.com/

page. 209
Borehamwood - Elstree Film Studios - Saturday, September 6th, 1975
A pre-tour rehearsal concert for 1,200 EMI employees at Elstree Film Studios in North London. Just over a half-hour of this performance is
available as a very good audience tape. Unfortunately, every song save for 'Richard Cory' has been made incomplete in some fashion. In
addition, there is song separation on nearly every track, making it difficult if not impossible to determine the actual performance order. Tracks
(or portions thereof) in circulation include: "Live And Let Die', 'Call Me Back Again', 'My Love', 'Listen To What The Man Said', 'Band On The
Run', 'The Long And Winding Road', 'Medicine Jar', 'Go Now', 'Junior's Farm', 'Letting Go', 'Blackbird', 'Yesterday', 'I've Just Seen A Face',
'Picasso's Last Words (Drink To Me)', 'Richard Cory', 'Bluebird', and 'Hi, Hi, Hi'. Four of the tracks, 'Call Me Back Again', 'Band On The Run',
'Hi, Hi, Hi' and Live And Let Die', were issued on Strawberry Fields Forever No. 18, a 7" red vinyl flexi disc distributed to the fanzine's
subscribers in 1976. This recording sounds better than any of the other available audience tapes from the tour.
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

same page:

Three cassettes entitled "1975 Tour Setlist", "Tour Rehearsal 1975" and "Day 2 Elstree, 1975" were auctioned by Christie's as Wings' roadie Trevor Jones collection of memorabilia was offered for sale and include in-line performances of the entire set, plus renditions of 'Suicide' and 'Stealin''.

A fourth rehearsal cassette labeled "1976 Tour Rehearsals" was auctioned as well.
Although bootleg CDs circulate with the contents attributed to "Elstree Rehearsals," these are simply a mislabeling of the 'One Hand Clapping' sessions from the previous August.
Chris