Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Post by Lord Reith »

Flipping heck, it's the Get Back bluray all over again!
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:16 am Flipping heck, it's the Get Back bluray all over again!
No bluray in the Revolver Deluxe Box... :cry:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

BDJ wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:37 am
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:16 am Flipping heck, it's the Get Back bluray all over again!
No bluray in the Revolver Deluxe Box... :cry:
Oh yeah... it's the Get Back Bluray Debacle without the bluray!

You know... it might be an idea to hold off on the set until some customer reviews come in. Lately there's been a lot of things going wrong.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:29 am Lately there's been a lot of things going wrong.
I foresee changes ahead.
I have no reason to but this is a Beatles BluRay we're talking about.
Do I own ANY such discs?
NO!
Do I care that we've been deprived?
YES!
Without going into CHATTER MODE...
The Minimum in cryptic clues according to my logic:
The termination of PHYSICAL MEDIA = MOST PROFIT WITH LEAST BUDGET
AWOL DVDs/BluRays = LEVERAGE(as in subscribe to 500 GB prime cloud storage and get a REVOLVER BluRay FREE)
You can jump into a river
But to dive into a stream?
Give me the crowbar. It's a Lord Reith abalone...
The music industry has this, uh...sense of entitlement.
We are talking about lots of digital
lots of dollars!
You very American MoFo...
Lord...
Reef!
KC
Last edited by Kwai Chang on Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golem

Post by Golem »

I mean I guess the one plus if physical stuff gets cancelled is that we'll probably get more outtakes, feels like the revolver outtakes were limited to fit to vinyl, although I feel like they're REALLY been pushing vinyl recently so the chances of them getting rid of vinyl are are a bit slim imo
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

I don’t think they’re making any changes to what’s already been advertised, that would be very unlikely. If there is a delay, it’s probably due to production or shipment.
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Hopefully they are adding a download card to the set so that the buyer can go online and at least download the Atmos/Blue Ray mixes since we are not getting a disc. That would make the delay worthwhile, but something tells me it is a shipping/production hold up as previously stated........
Golem

Post by Golem »

miggynav wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:41 am I don’t think they’re making any changes to what’s already been advertised, that would be very unlikely. If there is a delay, it’s probably due to production or shipment.
oh course they aren't going to make changes to the revolver set, but this is more of a worry for sets going forward
AndInTheEnd

Post by AndInTheEnd »

I see that Amazon have taken the boxset accessibility off their pre-orders as they are "trying to get more stock".

Well, it'd better come back in at a lower price, else I doubt I will be finding the money to buy a copy... it just doesn't have enough on it to warrant the huge £130 price tag... for me, anyway.

Maybe (hopefully) .... the delay is because they're having second thoughts about not including the BluRay(?) Mind, this is Apple, so I doubt they'd have such a conscience. I have written direct to them registering my disgust, so if there have been lots of complaints.... you never know (he says, hopefully).

AiTE
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Is Amazon the only retailer showing a delay? If so, I’ll be concerned when more back it up. Amazon could be showing a change for any number of reasons.

If there is a delay, it will be due to production delays, the content is set and not going to change.