Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
BeatlesVI

Re: Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Post by BeatlesVI »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:34 am The vinyl SDE is apparently 195 pounds!! :shock:

It is pretty but not that pretty. Think I'll pass and wait till this time next year when it's cheaper. That is just crazy money.
Give it a week or two and the price will drop considerably.
...the member formerly known as "sirguitarist"
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Ziggy C wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:58 am While I am a bit disappointed in the whole surround sitch, I can understand why it would be underwhelming at best. Today, artists have at least 64 tracks that they can record to. That makes for a wealth of material from which to draw an awesome sounding surround mix. Back in the days of 4 tracks, though, there wasn't a whole lot of stuff committed to tape. As Giles says, you had drums, guitar, bass guitar, and vocals. Maybe another percussion instrument here and there. But nowhere near the overkill of today. So a surround mix of something like Revolver, or anything earlier, would be rather sparse and less interesting than my wildest dreams. Perhaps the brass in GTGYIML could be mixed to the rear. Perhaps the backwards tape loops and sounds in TNK could be swirling around the room. Or the sound effects in YS. In all, maybe 5 or 6 songs on Revolver might benefit from a surround mix. But an entire album put through the process for the benefit of just a few songs doesn't make sense.

Now...as for Hi-Res stereo...there's absolutely no excuse for not having it in this set. So once again, where is the damn BluRay?
"Now...as for Hi-Res stereo...there's absolutely no excuse for not having it in this set. So once again, where is the damn BluRay?"

:geek:
mikec

Post by mikec »

tmangia wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:41 am So what's new for us on this new release? I've seen articles on wogew's blog about what were the unreleased stuff for Sgt Peppers, White Album, Abbey Road and Let It Be deluxe series, but haven't seen one for this. Wogew has a post about the recording sessions, but it doesn't clarify if there are some unbootlegged material.

Thanks
We usually put out the "What's New?" articles at Daily Beatle (Wogew's blog) a few days before release date because we have to respect the rules of not releasing nothing that the record company and Apple don't want to that soon, but in this case, with Revolver and "What's New and what's not?" many friends here and at the Hoffman (specially Batdude98) forum already did a great advance on that. There will be just few extra details to add like which parts of the "He Said He Said" demo are edited out here on this upcoming official release compared with the bootlegs or how many additional seconds at the end of "Got to Get You Into My Life Take 5" we have here compared with Anthology 2 (the intro on this upcoming official release has studio talk not heard before but the performance is the same, for example), etc etc. Will see if it's worth or not to release a "What's New" on Revolver 2022.
Josh

Post by Josh »

It's probably already been mentioned, but there is a FLAC version of Taxman's 2022 mix on Deezer. It sounds so good!
Golem

Post by Golem »

courtesy of KQ on the beatlegs discord, you can find track lengths on streaming
CD 2
01 - Anthology
02 - Bootlegged
03 - Anthology
04 - Unknown?
05 - Unknown?
06 - Unbootlegged, George solo acoustic
07 - Unbootlegged
08 - Basic track of released version
09 - Bootlegged, Take 2 contains overdubs
10 - Outfake
11 - Basic track of released version
12 - Released take, extended
13 - Anthology but requires isolation
14 - Anthology but requires isolation

CD 3
01 - Unbootlegged
02 - Anthology
03 - Anthology
04 - Unbootlegged
05 - Unbootlegged
06 - Unbootlegged
07 - Bootlegged
08 - Unbootlegged
09 - Bootlegged monitor mix and outfake, basic track of released version
10 - Unbootlegged
11 - Unbootlegged
12 - Basic track of released version
13 - Remix of released version
14 - Basic track of released version
15 - Unbootlegged
16 - Bootlegged
17 - Unbootlegged
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Doug wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:02 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:49 am Diminishing returns and all that. All a bit depressing and somewhat spoils what is otherwise an exciting event.
I feel exactly the same way... and it is depressing because I want to be excited about this. Seriously.. I think I'm looking forward more to the "Sometime In New York City" box, even though that's one of the worst albums ever made, because at least the Lennon team seems to be generous with the amount of material in their sets, giving purchasers their money's worth and a good overall look at the making of each of John's albums.

The rule at Team Beatles, however, seems to be "how can we give them as little as possible - duplicating as much as possible what they already have, and how much can we get away with charging for it, because, you know, those sandal-wearing numbskulls will buy ANYTHING."

It really is an insult, and takes a lot of the pleasure away from buying a product when you not only feel but KNOW from the outset that these !!@(#*'s are intentionally ripping you off.
I´ve always thought the same, the best Deluxe Boxes are the Ones by Lennon´s team. I love the HiRes blurays included in Lennon Boxes. :o

Thanks Yoko and Sean.

Ps. Still looking forward for a Live in NY Set. ;)
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Where is Eleanor Rigby chat from before take 2 bootlegged?
Ants

Post by Ants »

Golem wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:53 pm courtesy of KQ on the beatlegs discord, you can find track lengths on streaming
CD 2
01 - Anthology
02 - Bootlegged
03 - Anthology
04 - Unknown?
05 - Unknown?
06 - Unbootlegged, George solo acoustic
07 - Unbootlegged
08 - Basic track of released version
09 - Bootlegged, Take 2 contains overdubs
10 - Outfake
11 - Basic track of released version
12 - Released take, extended
13 - Anthology but requires isolation
14 - Anthology but requires isolation

CD 3
01 - Unbootlegged
02 - Anthology
03 - Anthology
04 - Unbootlegged
05 - Unbootlegged
06 - Unbootlegged
07 - Bootlegged
08 - Unbootlegged
09 - Bootlegged monitor mix and outfake, basic track of released version
10 - Unbootlegged
11 - Unbootlegged
12 - Basic track of released version
13 - Remix of released version
14 - Basic track of released version
15 - Unbootlegged
16 - Bootlegged
17 - Unbootlegged
Track 14 of CD3 (I Want To Tell You - Take 4) is not the basic track of the released version, since the take they chose as the master was take 3, and this take 4 last only 01:24.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

ruedabeat wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Doug wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:02 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:49 am Diminishing returns and all that. All a bit depressing and somewhat spoils what is otherwise an exciting event.
I feel exactly the same way... and it is depressing because I want to be excited about this. Seriously.. I think I'm looking forward more to the "Sometime In New York City" box, even though that's one of the worst albums ever made, because at least the Lennon team seems to be generous with the amount of material in their sets, giving purchasers their money's worth and a good overall look at the making of each of John's albums.

I´ve always thought the same, the best Deluxe Boxes are the Ones by Lennon´s team. I love the HiRes blurays included in Lennon Boxes. :o

Thanks Yoko and Sean.

Ps. Still looking forward for a Live in NY Set. ;)
A LIVE in NY Set would be awesome....or rather, a John Lennon Deluxe LIVE set comprising Toronto, NYC, and various other live bits he did. There could be awesome audio and video elements to the package. The duet with Chuck Berry where Yoko steals the show, and not in a good way? Mike Douglas anyone?

It's telling that the set we are looking forward to, Sometime In NYC, also happens to be his worst album. But because his team puts out top-notch packages, we know they will make even the crappiest album worth buying.
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

Eleanor Rigby chat I believe is from Rockband, and compiled on Yellow Chatter Custard.