Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Ziggy C

Re: Revolver 2022... on or off?

Post by Ziggy C »

I'll be happy to see whatever comes out. Whether its Lennon's next-to-worst musical album, SINYC. (Rock And Roll takes the cake as the absolute worst.) Or some re-iteration of a Beatles album. I tend to be more interested in outtakes and songs-in-development in the studio kind of stuff. I like that the more recent anniversary issues have taken fairly deep dives into the vault to present stuff that wasn't already in circulation. I particularly enjoyed Plastic Ono Band. The presentation at the various stages of the album with each CD retaining the song order. The sounds of Ringo and George in the studio both working with, and being horrified by John following his truncated Primal Scream therapy. The additional material on the BluRay with the extended Yoko jams which were edited down to make her Plastic Ono Band album. Altogether a nicely prepared offering.

As far as remixing/demixing, I can go either way. Personally I think the work coming out of this forum is far superior to anything the "Beatles machine" could come up with. However, an official release is an official release.

You must remember this
A briss is just a briss
A mohel is just a mohel
la la la la la
-Herman Hupfeld/Ziggy C
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:17 am Is there a name for the type of stereo mixes on the UK albums?
Wide stereo :D
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Ziggy C wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:33 am I'll be happy to see whatever comes out. Whether its Lennon's next-to-worst musical album, SINYC.
The Beach Boys are to release a box around their 1972 album, "Carl and the Passions / So Tough" and their 1973 album, "Holland". The first one is considered a nadir of their classic era, but I actually like it very much. What's funny - so far, they've decided against boxing their more popular albums from the end of the '60s.

I'd grab the SINYC box, as I like the album and the presentation, not to mention the spectacular presentation given to John's boxsets and books.
Last edited by zaval80 on Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Last edited by zaval80 on Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

zaval80 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:01 pm The Beach Boys are to release a box around their 1972 album, "Carl and the Passions / So Tough" and their 1973 album, "Holland". The first one is considered a nadir of their classic era, but I actually like it very much. What's funny - so far, they've decided against boxing their more popular albums from the end of the '60s.

The Beach Boys' copyright extension releases so far have been awesome. I look forward to whatever they do with Holland. Not so much into Carl & The Passions.

SINYC, to me anyway, is much more politically charged, which is a turn-off. I respect the material. And Woman Is The... is an awesomely accurate statement and a beautiful song. But the rest of it I can take it or leave it. However, the package that comes out should be superb. I hope. It'd be nice to hear the Zappa tracks juxtaposed; Lennon's mix and edits against Zappa's. Lennon re-invented song titles for already-established Zappa material.
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Well, he said that the AI Separation tech at Abbey Road isn't at a high enough quality to really mix something like Revolver or Rubber Soul. Of course, I haven't heard this AI tech myself, so I couldn't really tell you if he was right or not. I think what they're planning on doing is remixing the earlier albums first, since the 60th anniversary is coming up, and the songs on the 1963 OGs are very basic. It seems they already mixed Love Me Do for the Get Back project, so I wouldn't doubt that they just need a bit more time to get the AI ready for Revolver.

In short, I think it will come, but not before some new boxes for the earlier material.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

RalseiDeltarune wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:50 pm Well, he said that the AI Separation tech at Abbey Road isn't at a high enough quality to really mix something like Revolver or Rubber Soul. Of course, I haven't heard this AI tech myself, so I couldn't really tell you if he was right or not. I think what they're planning on doing is remixing the earlier albums first, since the 60th anniversary is coming up, and the songs on the 1963 OGs are very basic. It seems they already mixed Love Me Do for the Get Back project, so I wouldn't doubt that they just need a bit more time to get the AI ready for Revolver.

In short, I think it will come, but not before some new boxes for the earlier material.
Small note, I did see that outline plan that was made before the pandemic, but that was back in about 2020 or so (It could have been made even earlier than it was posted.)

It might have changed in some form. Some small, some big. But again, I'm not an executive at EMI or some sort of insider, so I don't know for sure. This is just my theory.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Ziggy C wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:33 am I'll be happy to see whatever comes out. Whether its Lennon's next-to-worst musical album, SINYC. (Rock And Roll takes the cake as the absolute worst.) Or some re-iteration of a Beatles album. I tend to be more interested in outtakes and songs-in-development in the studio kind of stuff. I like that the more recent anniversary issues have taken fairly deep dives into the vault to present stuff that wasn't already in circulation. I particularly enjoyed Plastic Ono Band. The presentation at the various stages of the album with each CD retaining the song order. The sounds of Ringo and George in the studio both working with, and being horrified by John following his truncated Primal Scream therapy. The additional material on the BluRay with the extended Yoko jams which were edited down to make her Plastic Ono Band album. Altogether a nicely prepared offering.

As far as remixing/demixing, I can go either way. Personally I think the work coming out of this forum is far superior to anything the "Beatles machine" could come up with. However, an official release is an official release.

You must remember this
A briss is just a briss
A mohel is just a mohel
la la la la la
-Herman Hupfeld/Ziggy C
"Rock And Roll takes the cake as the absolute worst" . . . I'm not so sure about that. I think it's a fine album and all the vocals are superb. SINYC is truly terrible, it was out-of-date the day after it came out, just like yesterday's newspaper.
mikec

Post by mikec »

FestVideoRoom wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:14 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:08 am What is the consensus about Revolver coming out this year? Was Giles' poo-pooing of the idea just a ruse to put us off the scent? Remember he did the same thing with the White Album, and consequently a lot of people were saying "Pepper was a one-off, there'll be no White Album SE" etc

Or have they really just abandoned the deluxes for now? In their universe does a boring October vanilla bluray of the tv series we all saw six months ago count as this years' big release?

I'm assuming, of course, that there isn't and never was going to be an extended Get Back bluray.
I'm privy to some inside info on this... not as deeply as, say, Mike Carrera, but deep enough that my sources haven't been wrong in many many years. From what I heard at the last Fest, the original plan was to issue Rubber Soul and Revolver as a two-fer set but it was helpfully pointed out to the powers-that-be that they could make more money issuing them separately. Consequently, we should expect a Revolver SDE next; likely by year's end. Time will tell, of course, but this at least is what was shared with me about 6 weeks ago.
interesting :P
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I think now that the Get Back bluray disaster has been put to bed we can probably expect Revolver this year. I think there are enough multitracks to do a pretty good remix. They might do a bit of demixing but i hope nothing too drastic as that would leave it wide open to being outdated very quickly.