Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
mojofilter

Re: Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by mojofilter »

Only Amazon knows what the fine print says. But we pre-ordered ours within a few hours after we learned that it was going to be released on DVD. If your pre-order got cancelled by Amazon, I can only surmise that we got in before you did, and our name went on a list of people who pre-ordered before the original set was withdrawn. I will post again when it has arrived.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
dirkmcq

Post by dirkmcq »

My pre-order from Amazon is supposed to arrive Friday, March 4.
No Bozos

Post by No Bozos »

I got the DVD version today in the mail which I ordered from Amazon on January 6. I'm utterly lost on the widespread distribution of this release! Glad to have it though. I cancelled my Disney Plus subscription yesterday.
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

For some reason I don't like DVD's anymore....it's all about Blu-Ray for me. I even make my own Blu-Rays.....I want a 4K Blu-Ray Player but they are way too high. I want to watch Get Back on my 4K Curved TV....I love that thing! I have a set of Get back I made with sources that ripped it from Disney+...quality is great! Even LIB looks good on it.
Berg Katse

Post by Berg Katse »

I was able to pick this Blu-ray set up at a Target store in the United States on 17 February. They had three copies on the shelf for $49, I think (You'll see why I say "I think" later). I debated about it due to the price, but ended up buying one. If I'd known it was delayed or withdrawn, I would have said something here to suggest people check in Target store locations.
I looked at my purchase history through my account and everything is there, *except* this disc set. It's represented by a generic 'picture missing' graphic and doesn't even list the price. When I tried to look at its link, it came up with a "product unavailable" page. But that has to be it, since it's the only thing missing from my purchases that day. Was Target able to get copies because it was their exclusive, or did they break the release date? Why is it gone now? Has anyone else found copies in any stores? I haven't opened the set, and I think I may just leave it sealed for now.
dirkmcq

Post by dirkmcq »

DVD from Amazon arrived today...
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

dirkmcq wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:29 am DVD from Amazon arrived today...
I thought it was only on Blu-Ray?
Amazon UK is accepting pre-orders, but has the generic release date of December 31st - that means it is coming sometime this year!

I wonder what happens to all the faulty ones? Does someone have to sit and open them, swap the faulty disc (assuming it is just one of the three) and reseal them? Or do you think they just bin the faulty set?

I have had quite a few replacement discs sent in the past, when faults have been found after release. They each took about 3 months to arrive. I assumed this was due to the pressing plant's lead times. I hope Get Back is a bit quicker....

I pre-ordered (and paid) for the Lego Star Wars game in 2020 and it comes out this April! But different circumstances for that as it wasn't finished.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

ExDalek wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:19 pm
I thought it was only on Blu-Ray?
Dvd sets have been available to pre-order only in Japan and USA. In Europe, only blu-rays have been available for pre-ordering in online stores.
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

My Amazon order says it will be arriving today........................ I'll know when I get home from work tonight.