Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
kingkenneth 2

Re: Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by kingkenneth 2 »

i agree with Lord Reith, when all this was first mooted (documentary and the lib film being reissued etc) i said i wasn't going to hold my breath waiting. i hope i'm wrong but i just can't see it happening.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I had expected the vanilla bluray to come out in a couple of months time from now. This release is very quick on the heels of the Disney stream, so maybe they got spooked by all the bootleg dvds and 4K rips?

The more I think about it now, the more I am wondering why I ever thought there would be a separate extended release at a later date. I can't think of any instance where Apple has ever done that.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
snrub

Post by snrub »

The quick blu-ray release reminds me of Capitol records bumping up the release date of "I Want To Hold Your Hand".

Although Apple hasn't historically put out follow-up deluxe releases, we're in uncharted waters here AND one of their board members certainly has a long history of offering us extended releases the following year! Maybe we'll have "Get Back" in a suitcase... ;)
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

If Apple releases extended materials with LIB then that adds further value to that release and it would increase their financial cut since it would be done without Disney.

That would seem like a solid product for this October…
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:08 pm Okay, for some reason I thought it was supposed to be part of the GB bluray. But "plans" to issue LIB have been around for literally 30 years now. I fear it's just going to stay sitting on the shelf in the "oh, we'll get around to that one day, when all the fans are dead" category. :roll:
Considering how much LIB HD stuff Apple has shown in promos, TikToks, and even the Get Back film itself, one could easily make a "Deluxe Let It Be" by editing in all that footage. Granted, some of it would need stabilization.

Frankly beyond this, I'm suprised they didn't even bother throwing in a 30 minute featurette on the making of Get Back. Maybe like EDAW, they'll do a Deluxe-Deluxe version with bonus material? Who knows
seltaeb

Post by seltaeb »

Quite frankly, this whole "Let It Be/Get Back project has been a disappointment. I'm not going to buy this Blu-ray/DVD release. I already have it on burned DVDs recorded from Disney+. With no Bonus features... Like the original "Let It Be" movie or the Complete "Rooftop Performance" without the split screen comments from the crowd, police and Apple Employees, why would any self-respecting Beatles' Fan buy it.
seltaeb

Post by seltaeb »

Same goes for "8 Days A Week", without the "Shea Stadium" as a bonus feature, Why Buy?
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

seltaeb wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:58 pm Quite frankly, this whole "Let It Be/Get Back project has been a disappointment. I'm not going to buy this Blu-ray/DVD release. I already have it on burned DVDs recorded from Disney+. With no Bonus features... Like the original "Let It Be" movie or the Complete "Rooftop Performance" without the split screen comments from the crowd, police and Apple Employees, why would any self-respecting Beatles' Fan buy it.
.....because there are many self respecting Beatles fans who didn’t have access to Disney and weren’t able to download this or know where to obtain the knock off bootlegs doing the rounds. It’s the only chance most fans will have to see it!
It’s hard to understand we are still complaining about almost 8 hours of Remastered, never before seen footage of the Beatles ....and yet we still want more.
Last edited by harrythebannister on Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seltaeb

Post by seltaeb »

Well, harrythebannister, buying it only encourages Apple/Beatles to put out more inferior releases. I found watching it once the whole way through was very enlightening. I doubt that I will ever watch it all the way through ever again. The only exception will be Disc 3 with the "Rooftop Performance." At times it may feel like a "Slog'", but it'll be worth it. Enjoy

Now, This Looks Like It Might Be Interesting. Wondering if this will be un-edited? 60 minutes long

https://tickets.imax.com/
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Surely if this thing sells enough, only then will we get an expanded version. By the way, 8 hours of previously unseen footage in perfect quality is hardly inferior.