Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
mudcrab

Re: Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by mudcrab »

I'm in Australia, but have hopefully pre- ordered the UK release from Zavvi.
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:48 pm
quigatolah wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:07 pm Get Back Season One, whatever the hell that means.
I saw an add for a DVD set that pictured 6 discs...2 + 2 + 2
So, The Beatles : Get Back only lasted 3 seasons.
I don't own any Blu Ray. Why would the Blu Ray ads show 3 discs?
Is the video resolution that much better(or, will an 8-hr movie fit on 1 disc)?
KC
Most standard "cheap" bluray discs hold about 22GB of data. These are the blank ones you can buy for home use. The actual number of items you can get on a blank disc depends on the what quailty you want to maintain on the disc as well as your original material.

Disney is basically putting one episode per blu ray to maintain all the high-def bells and whistles, as well as boost up the cost in all likelyhood. However, I was able to fit episodes one & two on one blank bluray and episode 3 along with a nice copy of the "Let It Be" movie on another without loosing any noticable video resolution or sound.
ualbert

Post by ualbert »

So, the release is delayed.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/beatles-g ... ease-date/

Can't say I'm surprised - it's been out of stock, or not listed, on all major online sites (Amazon, Target etc) for a week or two, as if something was not quite right. What a mess....
snrub

Post by snrub »

Maybe the delay is to turn it into the Director's Cut and bonus features ;)
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

snrub wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:03 pm Maybe the delay is to turn it into the Director's Cut and bonus features ;)
I was wondering the same thing. Like they put it out there, got lots of pre-orders and Peter Jackson was like, "See. They want it. Let's give them more." Or at least that's my hope.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

That was my passing thought too when I saw it was delayed but I doubt that's the reason.

Would be amazing if it was though!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

If delaying it would mean the inclusion of bonus footage then as the guy in the taxi said:
“I all in favor of it”…or something like that
Last edited by Rickenbacker325 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

"We are writing to share some news about The Beatles: Get Back 3-Disc Blu-ray Collector's Edition you purchased from The Beatles Official Store.

Due to technical and supply chain issues, the release date for this item has been delayed. We sincerely apologize for the delay, and any inconvenience this may cause. We love "The Beatles: Get Back," and we look forward to sharing a new release date soon.

Please respond to this email with any questions or concerns, or if you would like to cancel your order due to this delay.

We again apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
The Beatles Official Store"
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Am I the only one feeling gouged by JBhifi:
I didn't bother with the 2 cd edition at $60 now here comes the blu ray pre-order price $85! I might even say Foff if that's the lowest this set can go.

Considering the doctor who animations 3 discs blu rays were around at $35 and the seasons about 9 discs for near $70.

Any opinions.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

beatlbay wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:40 pm
Kwai Chang wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:48 pm Why would the Blu Ray ads show 3 discs?
Is the video resolution that much better(or, will an 8-hr movie fit on 1 disc)?
KC
Most standard "cheap" bluray discs hold about 22GB of data. These are the blank ones you can buy for home use. The actual number of items you can get on a blank disc depends on the what quailty you want to maintain on the disc as well as your original material.

Disney is basically putting one episode per blu ray to maintain all the high-def bells and whistles, as well as boost up the cost in all likelyhood. However, I was able to fit episodes one & two on one blank bluray and episode 3 along with a nice copy of the "Let It Be" movie on another without loosing any noticable video resolution or sound.
Thank you, beatlbay! That was most helpful.
Will there be any shopping value on the extra disc space?
OR, should we be thankful that it's not a 4-disc set?
The O'Jays will now sing The Love Of Money...
KC