The Beatles: Get Back: The Rooftop Concert

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
AngusMcCartney01

Re: The Beatles: Get Back: The Rooftop Concert

Post by AngusMcCartney01 »

Wogew wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:18 am Looks like one bootlegger has come to the rescue, bringing the rooftop concert with full focus on the group. I found this info on Facebook: Here's an example of the 'Comparison Edit' on the new Rooftop Blu-ray/DVD combo. "I've Got A Feeling", with the Peter Jackson version on top, the "Let It Be Film" version on the bottom left and the new "Concert Edit" which focuses solely on the Beatles playing in the bottom right. The audio is taken from the Rooftop stream (though on the disc, one can choose from three different audio sources - the Rooftop stream, the Get Back film or the original mono 1970 Let It Be film.

hxxps://vimeo.com/677310614

Who can tell us more about where we can get this 'Comparison Edit' disc?
That's VooDoo records (known for McCartney ultimate archives)
He's also done a CD of the official streaming rooftop album with the Glyn Johns get back album from the japanese SHM disc stuck at the end.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

AngusMcCartney01 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:57 am
Wogew wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:18 am Looks like one bootlegger has come to the rescue, bringing the rooftop concert with full focus on the group. I found this info on Facebook: Here's an example of the 'Comparison Edit' on the new Rooftop Blu-ray/DVD combo. "I've Got A Feeling", with the Peter Jackson version on top, the "Let It Be Film" version on the bottom left and the new "Concert Edit" which focuses solely on the Beatles playing in the bottom right. The audio is taken from the Rooftop stream (though on the disc, one can choose from three different audio sources - the Rooftop stream, the Get Back film or the original mono 1970 Let It Be film.

He's also done a CD of the official streaming rooftop album with the Glyn Johns get back album from the japanese SHM disc stuck at the end.
And do you know where we can get this? I searched but did not find anything.
Yves
AngusMcCartney01

Post by AngusMcCartney01 »

yymca6 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:32 pm

As far as I know, Etsy and Facebook marketplace
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

AngusMcCartney01 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:30 am

Thanks for the cues.

I checked but did not find it. If you could provide a link, that would be appreciated.
Yves
musigny23

Post by musigny23 »

yymca6 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:55 pm

Thanks for the cues.

I checked but did not find it. If you could provide a link, that would be appreciated.
I searched both Etsy and FB and did find the audio cd he did of the rooftop but no video or dvd with the comparison edit. That's what I'm most interested in. The sample of "I've Got a Feeling" is great even if there's a lot going on at once.

I was frustrated and disappointed the IMAX version was just the documentary edit made large. I was really really hoping for a masterful band/music/performance only edit. The street and lobby bits were fine in the documentary but for an event billed as "The Rooftop Performance" as the IMAX was, the street/lobby stuff should have been removed and it should have been the rooftop ONLY edit.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

musigny23 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:38 pm
yymca6 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:55 pm

Thanks for the cues.

I searched both Etsy and FB and did find the audio cd he did of the rooftop but no video or dvd with the comparison edit. That's what I'm most interested in. The sample of "I've Got a Feeling" is great even if there's a lot going on at once.

I was frustrated and disappointed the IMAX version was just the documentary edit made large. I was really really hoping for a masterful band/music/performance only edit. The street and lobby bits were fine in the documentary but for an event billed as "The Rooftop Performance" as the IMAX was, the street/lobby stuff should have been removed and it should have been the rooftop ONLY edit.
He also did One After 909