The Beatles_TS and VOB files

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Lord Reith

Re: The Beatles_TS and VOB files

Post by Lord Reith »

Rusty wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:04 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:44 am Give me a square telly with legs, a record player, a vcr and a shitty windows laptop.

That's all I need. :)
No transitor radio? Lord, I can relate to the first 3 but not the "shitty windows laptop". My first computer was a second hand Apple II+. Later I upgraded with a new Apple IIe. Windows machines thereafter. Never ever had a laptop.
No, I actually love my Windows laptop. The macbook is nice, but I haven't had a chance to get the hang of it. It is like 1000x more powerful though.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
FileUnderT

Post by FileUnderT »

I bought my first Mac in 2012, an Apple MacBook Pro at £950. I gave it to my son last year, when it was 9 years old and it is still running like a dream. I bought a Mac mini M1 which I love because I also got a big Dell 26" monitor for it. The Beatles look amazing on it. That is what I really love about digital video material.
danrevella

Post by danrevella »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:57 am
You can find a lot of subtitles for free online. I once bought an Italian movie with no subtitles, but was able to find English subs online and you simply put the srt file in the same location as the mkv and they show on screen.
Please Lord, is it an italian film Beatles related?
Excuse.... but I'm from Italy, so I'll be interest in the original version....
@all_people
Please avoid video conversion that are NOT lossless!!!
Do NOT re-encode a video if it's an absolute necessity!!!
MKV f.e (but it's not the only one) is a video conversion lossless.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

danrevella wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:39 pm Please Lord, is it an italian film Beatles related?
Excuse.... but I'm from Italy, so I'll be interest in the original version....
No, it is A For Andromeda. Nothing to do with The Beatles. A BBC tv series from 1961 that was lost, but the 1971 Italian tv remake exists (which is why I bought it).
danrevella

Post by danrevella »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:57 am
No, it is A For Andromeda. Nothing to do with The Beatles. A BBC tv series from 1961 that was lost, but the 1971 Italian tv remake exists (which is why I bought it).
Ok!
I see this series in 1971, and I remember that was the first time i herd the word :"binary/digital".
Those were the days..... :-)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

danrevella wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:33 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:57 am
Ok!
I see this series in 1971, and I remember that was the first time i herd the word :"binary/digital".
Those were the days..... :-)
It's a fantastic series! I admit I'm not acquainted with any other Italian television, but I was incredibly impressed by how well done it was. It has that great 1970s scifi feel, and the Italian Andromeda is much better looking also! I also like the Italian professor better than the original. Comparing the Italian version to the one remaining episode of the British original, I think this is a much better effort all round.