Eventual DVD release Get Back Project ??????

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Rickenbacker325

Re: Eventual DVD release Get Back Project ??????

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

The Daily Beatle thing looks a bit suspect….why would it show the cover of the book?? I am calling shenanigans on this one
sam004

Post by sam004 »

Has anyone heard how successful the Disney + series has been ?
How do you measure a streaming event, number of times streamed ?

PJ mentions that if Disney smells a profit, that we would get a physical release.

Watched the Original film. Would love to see what PJ could make it look and sound like.
He needs to sell Disney on the 18 hr directors cut.

On a side note, any idea how the recent Beatles and solo box sets have done ?
I'd like to think that could be an indication of how a physical release of his film would do.

Watch, they stick the original Let It Be in a very expensive box set.
And we are all hoping for a soundtrack set too....
Tex

Post by Tex »

Same length as the TV show maybe but it still could have an hour or two more footage in the extras.

They could even load up the eventual "Let It Be" disc with extras not see in "Get Back".

If I had the say I would make it a TV series.

Tonight on "Big Brother: Beatles"..... tensions rise in the studio!
Tex

Post by Tex »

I hope they dial back the digital picture scrubbing a little for a physical release.

Unfortunately I think they did all the "restoration" before final editing so they are not gonna go back to the raw digital scans and do lighter restorations.
billybudapest

Post by billybudapest »

TheWrap
‘The Beatles: Get Back’ Bowed With Majority of Audience Over 55, According to Nielsen
Tony Maglio - Yesterday 3:04 PM

Old people have wisdom — and now, behind-the-scenes knowledge about the making of The Beatles’ 1970 album “Let It Be.”

According to Nielsen, the Thanksgiving Week 2021 debut of Peter Jackson’s Disney+ docuseries “The Beatles: Get Back” was viewed by people primarily (54%) over the age of 55. Those golden oldies racked up an impressive 503 million minutes streamed between three episodes over their first four days. (“The Beatles: Get Back” premiered Episode 1 on Thanksgiving Night, Nov. 25. Episode 2 on the following evening and the third and final episode on Saturday, Nov. 27. The Nielsen week also included Sunday, Nov. 28.)

Those 500-million-plus minutes streamed placed “Get Back” seventh among original streaming programs that week. It did not make the Top 10 overall when counting acquired programs.
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:51 am The Daily Beatle thing looks a bit suspect….why would it show the cover of the book?? I am calling shenanigans on this one
The illustration may be a mock-up and I have no source for it. However, what the text says is something I have had confirmed: There was supposed to be an announcement last Monday which never happened. Two things were to be announced by The Beatles/Apple/Disney (and not UMG), one being the blu-ray release and the other I chose not to reveal. I only wrote about the blu-ray delay, because it was also mentioned elsewhere, meaning my source stays protected.
Rickenbacker325

Wogew wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:00 pm
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:51 am The Daily Beatle thing looks a bit suspect….why would it show the cover of the book?? I am calling shenanigans on this one
The illustration may be a mock-up and I have no source for it. However, what the text says is something I have had confirmed: There was supposed to be an announcement last Monday which never happened. Two things were to be announced by The Beatles/Apple/Disney (and not UMG), one being the blu-ray release and the other I chose not to reveal. I only wrote about the blu-ray delay, because it was also mentioned elsewhere, meaning my source stays protected.
Thanks very much for the clarification. I hope it comes but when it does it will not be good if it’s a bare bones release…of course I’ll run right out and get it…but you know what I mean
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

If the official BR release is just a direct to disk version of the Disney+ content, with no special features, it's really not targeted for to those who already have Disney+ access.

I'll hold out for a "super-mega-deluxe-collectors-edition" (or whatever marketing adjectives they come up with) that hopefully contains the combo of GB+LIB+(fingers crossed) extras. And if that never surfaces, I'm sure the direct to disk version will be cheaper by the time I give up hope...
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Until they make their minds up I've got my free torrents of the docos.
Rickenbacker325

When it comes to anything Disney related..I’ll never have high hopes…