Request: Get Back Session Transcripts

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Mccmark

Re: Request: Get Back Session Transcripts

Post by Mccmark »

Pink,
I'm trying to take a stab at it. If you have suggestions for formatting the table, tracking the sources, etc. let me know.
It's not as easy as it sounds. Here is the first few paragraphs from the 1970 book. I tried to figure out where the corresponding discussion was in your transcript and put both side by side. As you will see, the 1970 book jumps around compared to yours. But to answer your original question, the only thing that really jumps out at me so far is the reference to the Grand Ol' Opery [sic] and Flatt and Scruggs.

Otherwise, yours appears to always be the "unabridged" version, which is why it should be the master, I agree.
Side note: from what I can tell, there is no closed caption for the PJ film, only subtitles.
Mark
Pink Pajamas wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:21 pm I think the document I posted will have everything.

I think it should be the master.

What I am most interested in is someone comparing the transcription in the 1970 get back book to my document.

Can someone please do this ?
Pink Pajamas

Post by Pink Pajamas »

Thanks for tackling that Mark ! It looks like both Get Back books are abridged versions of what was said. It’s interesting seeing how they changed it.

That’s cool you found a bit about country music that must not be on the circulating nagra tapes.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Pink Pajamas wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:27 am Thanks for tackling that Mark ! It looks like both Get Back books are abridged versions of what was said.
Re-written, too.
Mccmark

Post by Mccmark »

I was thinking of branching off work that has already been done. Like taking this list
http://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/p/jan-2nd-1969.html
Or this one
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~garp/69jan02.htm
and adding columns for the corresponding Pink transcript text and another for dialog from other sources. It sounds like that’s what you have in mind anyway. Ideally we could put a link to the dialog at the corresponding DDSI location. But it would require adding time stamps to Pink’s transcript, and he doesn’t have all of the tapes he originally used.
I’m glad you are going to take this on; if I can assist, let me know.
Mark
zaval80 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:57 am I am planning to do something similar to another cultural artifact of rock :lol: this will be in not-so-distant future, but I am mulling over the approach to the task now. So far, my idea is: a MS Word file presented as a Table. Chunks of text which can be easily identified go into the main column of Table. Rows of Table are to be made in process; they are only important in the final editing. Bits from different sources are identified by text color. Anything which requires the utmost attention is to be presented in, say, pink color. Other columns in Table are intended for: 1) notes; 2) notable variations which may exist in some cases. IMO it'd be good if something like this would be attempted here. If all chunks of (what is presumably the complete text to the best of compiler's knowledge) text are in different colors, the comparison with sources should be made just once for the easily understandable bits, though naturally more with the hard bits.

So, even when there is a bit of dialogue which cannot be found on existing tapes, all it takes is to mark it in some color from which its source can be identified - say, red for the verifiable text, and some hue of red for the dubious bits.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Mccmark wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:10 pm I’m glad you are going to take this on; if I can assist, let me know.
Mark
Oh no, sorry, it's not like I volunteered. Wish I could be of help, but right now, I am quite behind the schedule with some other demanding concerns. I just presented here an idea how to correlate several sources. Your sample looks about perfect; I'd just add a column at the right for "notes" which may be needed at certain moments, and maybe a color scheme if there are more than two important sources.

I think the time stamps are not needed at this point; the reader will easily find the proper (or possible) position, and in hard cases, it can be reflected in notes.
Mccmark

Post by Mccmark »

Sorry! I meant to post that under the post enriquelu made! Hopefully he sees this!
Mark
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Mccmark wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:47 am Sorry! I meant to post that under the post enriquelu made! Hopefully he sees this!
Mark
Mark

Please, see your private Messages
beatlepaul

Post by beatlepaul »

Thought i would have a go at demixing to reveal more chat, what do we think?

original
hxxps://mega.nz/file/ldwlSQwa#B_0zdV5Dn ... X4JvxnqmoQ

Demixed
hxxps://mega.nz/file/gFp1nQ6S#Yr9i5cLFV ... kPhWsHbH7c
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

beatlepaul wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:25 pm Thought i would have a go at demixing to reveal more chat, what do we think?
original
hxxps://mega.nz/file/ldwlSQwa#B_0zdV5Dncz37DBBbpNnmGVsSVTV_W70zX4JvxnqmoQ
Demixed
hxxps://mega.nz/file/gFp1nQ6S#Yr9i5cLFV5s5GsqYVmKB1xHUJ4PVq8yx0kPhWsHbH7c
Getting everything stated in the get back sessions in a single file is a monstrous dimension job.

If we want to achieve it, or at least get closer, we must distribute the work among all who want and can.

The idea should be that everyone does what is easiest and most feasible for them.

Some of us can handle a large amount of data with relative ease.

Others know English perfectly and therefore it should not be difficult for them to write files not too large.

Others like beatlepaul have the capability of rummage through the NAGRA files for seemingly hidden dialogues.

Others may search for more sources.

Others can scan the pdf sources and pass an OCR to it to transform it into text.

Mccmark and me have started to collaborate and unify in a single file the different sources that we have found so far.

We have started at the beginning, which I understand is the most logical.

Once we have a file from 2-1-69, we will publish it in this thread so that you can fill in those gaps that we have not been able to find or deduce.

Please, if you want to join this project, let us know and tell us what part of it you can do. In this way, we will prevent repeated jobs and so we will make our efforts profitable better.

Cheer up and joint us for these difficult goal.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

I've started filling in the gaps in my transcripts of 27 January.