Request: Get Back Session Transcripts

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
beatlepaul

Re: Request: Get Back Session Transcripts

Post by beatlepaul »

Here is the original book that came with the album.

Enjoy

hxxps://mega.nz/file/oAZHTaqa#gz2buxZFv ... 6w4abdJXBI
tdgrnwld

Post by tdgrnwld »

This looks fantastic. Thank you very much, Pink!
Mccmark

Post by Mccmark »

Thank you. I"m trying to figure out how one would go about creating a definitive transcript. The text from this 1970 book is incomplete; the text from the new book is incomplete or at least inaccurate. I'm intrigued by Pink's comment that his transcript includes dialog from tapes that are no longer available. His is the most complete transcript to date as far as I know. Does New Blue Soap have anything additional? I'll have to listen and figure it out; for example, the day 1 index lists only 4 or 5 instances of "dialog" out of a total of 2:41:07.
Then I would create a new file for the New Blue Soap dialog (unless Pink think he already has all of that). Then I would reformat the subtitles from the film into a new document. Then I would identify new text in each of those files (new as compared to the Pink master). For completeness, I would scan the new book but inasmuch as it is admittedly inaccurate, we can't really use it.
Once new dialog is identified, then what? Where do you put it in by date/time in the context of Pink's transcript? Other have determined that the PH film is accurately sequenced by day, but is not chronological within each day. Can anyone besides Sulpy even hope to make sense of it? He probably can hear or read something and say "the tape abruptly stops and starts on day 9 at hour 7:14, I always thought there was more dialog there, and this new piece fits there and the previous audio makes sense now." I don't have the depth of knowledge to know where any new dialog fit in the master transcript.
Mark
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Mccmark wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:43 am Thank you. I"m trying to figure out how one would go about creating a definitive transcript. The text from this 1970 book is incomplete; the text from the new book is incomplete or at least inaccurate. I'm intrigued by Pink's comment that his transcript includes dialog from tapes that are no longer available. His is the most complete transcript to date as far as I know. Does New Blue Soap have anything additional? I'll have to listen and figure it out; for example, the day 1 index lists only 4 or 5 instances of "dialog" out of a total of 2:41:07.
Then I would create a new file for the New Blue Soap dialog (unless Pink think he already has all of that). Then I would reformat the subtitles from the film into a new document. Then I would identify new text in each of those files (new as compared to the Pink master). For completeness, I would scan the new book but inasmuch as it is admittedly inaccurate, we can't really use it.
Once new dialog is identified, then what? Where do you put it in by date/time in the context of Pink's transcript? Other have determined that the PH film is accurately sequenced by day, but is not chronological within each day. Can anyone besides Sulpy even hope to make sense of it? He probably can hear or read something and say "the tape abruptly stops and starts on day 9 at hour 7:14, I always thought there was more dialog there, and this new piece fits there and the previous audio makes sense now." I don't have the depth of knowledge to know where any new dialog fit in the master transcript.
Mark
I will try to unify all the documents of the transcripts into one. As soon as I have it, I'll send it to you, but this is going to take a long time.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

enriquelu wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:59 pm
Mccmark wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:43 am Thank you. I"m trying to figure out how one would go about creating a definitive transcript. The text from this 1970 book is incomplete; the text from the new book is incomplete or at least inaccurate. I'm intrigued by Pink's comment that his transcript includes dialog from tapes that are no longer available. His is the most complete transcript to date as far as I know. Does New Blue Soap have anything additional? I'll have to listen and figure it out; for example, the day 1 index lists only 4 or 5 instances of "dialog" out of a total of 2:41:07.
Mark
I will try to unify all the documents of the transcripts into one. As soon as I have it, I'll send it to you, but this is going to take a long time.
You are definitely a very meticulous and patient man enriquelu.
Yves
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

yymca6 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:24 pm
enriquelu wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:59 pm
Mark
You are definitely a very meticulous and patient man enriquelu.
thanks, but the truth is I only have the desire and time.
Not everyone is so lucky
Mccmark

Post by Mccmark »

Once again, thank you.
As suspected, we are not the only ones interested in the transcripts.
I’ve found a few sites that will be of help or could be helpful once I figure out how to navigate the pages and assess the completeness of their respective work.
Something tells me I’m reinventing the wheel, but here are my latest thought/observations on existing and rumored transcripts (notes below); first column the date. Then Pink, PJ film (even though we have no useable transcripts yet, we know the dialog exists); then 2 other sources discussed below.

Jan Pink PJ Amor Dekker
2 X X X
3 X X X
6 X X X X
7 X X X X
8 X X X X
9 X X X
10 X X X X
13 X X X X
14 X X X
15 X
16 X
17 X
20 X
21 X X X
22 X X X
23 X X X
24 X X X X
25 X X X
26 X X X X
27 X X X
28 X X X
29 X X X X
30 X X X
31 X X X

PJ FILM:
The subtitles for the PJ film need a lot of work in that the dates at least need to added. Should be easy I think. What would be better is the closed captioning, I’m looking for that. It looks like the Jan 15, 16, 17 and 20 from the film are new; I think that has been pointed out elsewhere here.
Source for dates:
viewtopic.php?t=2034
posting.php?mode=quote&f=20&p=30299
AMORALTO (posted above in thread): https://crosshair.livejournal.com/177305.html
DEKKER
Supposedly published NAGRA transcripts on the Netherlands fan club site, but I have not found them yet (on the site or in archive org).
https://beatlesfanclub-nl.translate.goo ... r_hl=en-US
His work resulted in a book (haven’t found a copy yet) but here is an excerpt.
https://pub.flowpaper.com/docs/http://w ... s-EN-1.pdf
Probably because of copyright issues, the book contains summaries of the transcripts only. I don’t want to give Dekker credit until I find his work, but I’m including it for now.
Then there’s https://theymaybeparted.com/. I’m still figuring out what is here, it seems to be some transcript, some description of the dialog.
Pink Pajamas

Post by Pink Pajamas »

I think the document I posted will have everything.

I think it should be the master.

What I am most interested in is someone comparing the transcription in the 1970 get back book to my document.

Can someone please do this ?
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

I am planning to do something similar to another cultural artifact of rock :lol: this will be in not-so-distant future, but I am mulling over the approach to the task now. So far, my idea is: a MS Word file presented as a Table. Chunks of text which can be easily identified go into the main column of Table. Rows of Table are to be made in process; they are only important in the final editing. Bits from different sources are identified by text color. Anything which requires the utmost attention is to be presented in, say, pink color. Other columns in Table are intended for: 1) notes; 2) notable variations which may exist in some cases. IMO it'd be good if something like this would be attempted here. If all chunks of (what is presumably the complete text to the best of compiler's knowledge) text are in different colors, the comparison with sources should be made just once for the easily understandable bits, though naturally more with the hard bits.

So, even when there is a bit of dialogue which cannot be found on existing tapes, all it takes is to mark it in some color from which its source can be identified - say, red for the verifiable text, and some hue of red for the dubious bits.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

beatlepaul wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:35 pm Here is the original book that came with the album.

Enjoy

hxxps://mega.nz/file/oAZHTaqa#gz2buxZFvSopWfHsos5UMAKwTA0KlH9Rz6w4abdJXBI
This is some later edition, the original UK book is 164 pages.