Wrong Masters for the ‘Glyn Johns 1969 Mix’, and Japan came to rescue.

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
maul

Re: Wrong Masters for the ‘Glyn Johns 1969 Mix’, and Japan came to rescue.

Post by maul »

kolive wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:09 pm
maul wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:46 am
This is that chart, extended 8-) :
Great table, thanks.
oops, no matter 🙄 but comment on compilations should be longer and less equivocal:
> Compilation 2: Unfinished assembly. All new mixes. Get Back and Two Of Us presents unique mixes. New take of Let It Be, longer Dig It, shaky DAP intro
> Compilation 3a: (shaky DAP intro), Two Of Us new mix, Get Back single mix, final edit of Dig It, chat edited in between LIB and TLAWR
tulirepo

Post by tulirepo »

While searching for info and/or possibilities to listen to the original Wizardo bootleg Let It Be 315 on the internet, I came across this youtube link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx0S1YCrCSY

which, unfortunately, is blocked from being played in my country and probably in all the other 60 countries where UMG is present. This somehow suggests that somebody else found out that Let it Be 315 is exactly the same as the (Japanese) Get Back. I might be wrong. Does anybody here have a digital copy of the original Let It Be 315?
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

maul wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:46 am
kolive wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:24 pm Thanks Maul, these tables are really useful (as memory doesn't stick as well as it used to).
I was also thinking of the really simple table you made a few days ago with the version numbers running
on the left vertically.
This is that chart, extended 8-) :
Fantastic -- thank you maul! 8-)
—Keith
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

tulirepo wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm While searching for info and/or possibilities to listen to the original Wizardo bootleg Let It Be 315 on the internet, I came across this youtube link:

which, unfortunately, is blocked from being played in my country and probably in all the other 60 countries where UMG is present. This somehow suggests that somebody else found out that Let it Be 315 is exactly the same as the (Japanese) Get Back. I might be wrong. Does anybody here have a digital copy of the original Let It Be 315?

is this any help?

https://www.beatleg.online/let-it-be-315
LFSDoc

Post by LFSDoc »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:53 pm
tulirepo wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm While searching for info and/or possibilities to listen to the original Wizardo bootleg Let It Be 315 on the internet, I came across this youtube link:

is this any help?

We’ll soon revise that page 😊
tulirepo

Post by tulirepo »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:53 pm [
is this any help?

Hello! Thanks!
The answer is twofold:
- in terms of information content: yes, the page is very helpful (yet, I had found the page one before).
- in terms of listening experience, less so.
;)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I don't understand how the Tonto/Yellow Dog can be from an acetate and Thirty Days from a tape. What is going on there?
LFSDoc

Post by LFSDoc »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:07 am I don't understand how the Tonto/Yellow Dog can be from an acetate and Thirty Days from a tape. What is going on there?
Are We 100% sure the Tonto lp was from acetate?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

LFSDoc wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:30 am
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:07 am I don't understand how the Tonto/Yellow Dog can be from an acetate and Thirty Days from a tape. What is going on there?
Well mine was very scratchy, but it could have just been a bad pressing. It seems extraordinary that exactly the same oddball version of the album would turn up from tape source. Unless it wasn't tape at all and was just very well declicked.

Has anybody actually GOT a rip of the 1985 Tonto lp? I have never seen a rip.
LFSDoc

Post by LFSDoc »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:46 am
LFSDoc wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:30 am
Well mine was very scratchy, but it could have just been a bad pressing. It seems extraordinary that exactly the same oddball version of the album would turn up from tape source. Unless it wasn't tape at all and was just very well declicked.

Has anybody actually GOT a rip of the 1985 Tonto lp? I have never seen a rip.
I’ll try and make a n/d over the weekend