The one thing that interests me about the Let It Be Super deluxe

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Darth Kybiel

Re: The one thing that interests me about the Let It Be Super deluxe

Post by Darth Kybiel »

So many decent multi track session outtakes at Apple, even listed in the Beatles Recording Sessions book. Of course there should have been the hint that most the Get Back Johns mix was going to be 1970 mixes. If you see the recording sessions discs look at the several 1970 session recordings compared to the 1969 Apple session material that partially looks like longer stuff that we already got on Anthology. Not saying there isn't some decent material on here. But you could simply put the actual new great material on a disc or two release for the die hard collectors. Let's hope Get Back gets a great complete box set release. Or else these people went from the average Pepper set to two awesome sets of White Album and Abbey Road only to go backwards to an average Let It Be. Which, no matter how you look at it, this song line-up compares more to the Pepper set than it does to the White Album set or Abbey Road. It's only enough that people will buy it and 'wow' over about half of it whereas the White Album and Abbey Road box sets gave us such an awesome fresh look into those albums with a bulk of new outtakes and mixes surpassing what we have already or giving an alternate source of audio.
Who knows. I could be wrong once the actual thing arrives. Comments containing a roll announcement during the sessions at one point does not make me hopeful that all the material is multi track sourced.
Rockclassics

Post by Rockclassics »

The fact that the rooftop is not included on the 50th anniversary set is a huge missed opportunity. It has pretty much killed my interest in the set. I guess I’ll stick with the boot versions of it.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Don't forget about the PICTURE DISC - I don;t see it sold anywhere else -

https://shop.abbeyroad.com/*/*/Let-It-B ... 3Z10000000
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

And what about all the R&R oldies? This was such a core part of the sessions I can't believe there isn't at least half a disc devoted to their rock and roll jams.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Maybe Disney has a deal with Apple saying " They " ( Apple ) wasnt allowed to release the " Concert " audio in the contract
before the Peter Jackson - Get Back documentary gets aired
But I am curious to know how much of the jams and outtakes were bootlegged before and where????
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

I try to look positively at the pile of crap and go:

MORE STUFF I HAVE THAT NOT MANY HAVE AND FEW WILL EVER HEAR!

Go Us!
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

I’m on the side of putting both the releases (audio/video) as parts of a full set, meant to compliment each other. I think there would be more people complaining about the band being greedy if the rooftop took up one of the CDs AND the movie…I’m totally fine with (and prefer!) getting the video only.

We don’t know everything the movie will feature but it will almost certainly include many of the jams that we know and love since they fit the narrative that Paul and Ringo have been talking about when revisiting the sessions.

If the movie was all we were going to get, I would be happy. The CDs don’t appear as full as the previous deluxe sets but none of the other sets came out with a movie. I’ll withhold judgement until we get to hear it. There were great surprises on the other deluxe sets so I’m hopeful they found some “unknown” gems for this one too…

As far as the likely price, many of us have dropped stupid amounts of money on Get Back outtakes over the years. So what’s another $150… :roll:
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:16 am And what about all the R&R oldies? This was such a core part of the sessions I can't believe there isn't at least half a disc devoted to their rock and roll jams.
It's funny that the White album sessions made the group feel it was capable of realizing the Get Back concept in any capacity. I haven't heard any oldies from Get Back that are good enough to represent the concept. Yet, if the Get Back album had been released in a timely fashion, I fear it would have been a triple LP. Ugh!!!
Spector saved the entire project from total ruination and delivered an album that was good enough to be the last Beatles LP AND also good enough to keep the dreadful film from sinking completely. I was hoping there was some left over Spector production efforts that might become bonus tracks. However, it seems that his vision was concise and direct enough to negate any need for further repair. His production on The Long And Winding Road is the best part of the song and I would love to hear his overdubs in isolation.
Perhaps, there ARE multitrack recordings of oldies on 8-track recordings by Glyn Johns that were not also on Nagra reels.
So, possibly Apple recordings...but NOTHING from Twickenham.
I wonder if EMI Studio could have made the situation any different.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:16 am And what about all the R&R oldies? This was such a core part of the sessions I can't believe there isn't at least half a disc devoted to their rock and roll jams.
Lord -
Like the concert - why ask for duplication on the boxed set what is likely going to appear in the movie!
I'll bet those oldies will appear remastered and in surround if not in the Peter Jackson release, but even the remastered original LIB movie release.
That oldies compilation was a significant consideration for release with Get Back...but they all just couldn't settle on it and make it happen and we all know why.
Beatles4you

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.