As Nature Intended-Vigotone VT-122

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
yymca6

Re: As Nature Intended-Vigotone VT-122

Post by yymca6 »

gonchichi wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:55 am Looks like several versions of VT-122 are floating around.
Track durations of Bapz's copy, apesrfools's copy and the ones listed on http://bootlegpedia.com/en/product/VT_122 are all different.
I wonder which version is authentic... :?: :?: :?:  (Total duration of Bapz's copy is 71m39s34)
Would you kindly re-up Batz copy please? I'll compare it to the one I have.

Thanks.
Yves
skynet

Post by skynet »

yymca6 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:46 pm
Moptop wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm There are multiple pressings from several bootleggers, all copying the vigotone artwork .

there are two masters for the Vigotone Originals, CD & CDR.

The following page gives details of the common CDDA fake and Genuine Vigotones. The timings are from silver disc not downloads or trades.

Regrettably, my current life is chaotic, and I am unable to put at much time into the Beatles as I wish, but I'm sure I could upload new rips if these are needed as verified sources.
Sorry to hear you might have "problems".

Thanks for the info, I'll compare my copy and apersfool with what you have.

Whenever you have time it would be a good thing you post your very own rip.

Thanks again!
yymca6

This is a fresh copy from my Original Silver CD, this was not copied or shared ever before (sans an extraction i did as FLAC backup and also as Apple Lossless format for my ipod), also i am adding pictures of the art work for reference purposes (my CD seems to match one of the original pressings as per Moptop Page, BTW Moptop, thank so much for that wonderful site, even although it is a bit "outdated" is really a useful resource, which had allowed me to hunt down the pressings for the "original" core material, thanks so much for that, i can't thank you enough really)

Anyway... i did the rip using FRE:AC, included also de log file for reference ( i also used EAC but it throwed me a lot of timing errors, even after repeated cleaning attempts at the CD, anyway i included that extraction as well and its respective log)

Hope is useful (remember to change X for T ;) )

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w0UyEQtP-02naAWwbxjMnxA0MRDCtg8B?usp=sharing
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

skynet wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:20 pm This is a fresh copy from my Original Silver CD, this was not copied or shared ever before (sans an extraction i did as FLAC backup and also as Apple Lossless format for my ipod), also i am adding pictures of the art work for reference purposes (my CD seems to match one of the original pressings as per Moptop Page, BTW Moptop, thank so much for that wonderful site, even although it is a bit "outdated" is really a useful resource, which had allowed me to hunt down the pressings for the "original" core material, thanks so much for that, i can't thank you enough really)

Anyway... i did the rip using FRE:AC, included also de log file for reference ( i also used EAC but it throwed me a lot of timing errors, even after repeated cleaning attempts at the CD, anyway i included that extraction as well and its respective log)

Hope is useful (remember to change X for T ;) )

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w0UyEQtP-02naAWwbxjMnxA0MRDCtg8B?usp=sharing
Thank you so much for this fresh version. I appreciate it.

I'll compare the FFP with the ones I already have.

Moptop is very knowledgeable, you can refer to his site any time. Some of it has not been updated recently but quite often it does not need any refresh. A very nice guy also...
Yves
Nairb1956

Post by Nairb1956 »

Thanks for this!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

skynet's copy has different FFPs than the other two (mine and apersfool's).

As for the timing I checked it with VLC and some timings are the same as CD, some are on the CDR side (using Moptop's table on his web page).
Yves
gonchichi

Post by gonchichi »

Skynet's copy seems to be an authentic Vigotone disc. But when decoded to .wav files, the rip results by FRE:AC and EAC don't match. (They don't match Bapz's tracks either.) I'm at a loss as to which rip results I should keep. :roll:

Apesrfools' files are faulty without doubt. When decoded to .wav files, none of the tracks doesn't match sector boundaries except track 14. They must have been altered somehow after ripped from a CD.

Anyway, thank you both for taking your time to share these files :) :) :)
apesrfools

Post by apesrfools »

Moptop wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm There are multiple pressings from several bootleggers, all copying the vigotone artwork .

there are two masters for the Vigotione Originals, CD & CDR.

The following page gives details of the common CDDA fake and Genuine Vigotones. The timings are from silver disc not downloads or trades.

Regrettably, my current life is chaotic, and I am unable to put at much time into the Beatles as I wish, but I'm sure I could upload new rips if these are needed as verified sources.
Hello there,

If you have the disc and have some time to rip/post it for us and clear things up it would indeed be awesome!
skynet

Post by skynet »

gonchichi wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:05 pm Skynet's copy seems to be an authentic Vigotone disc. But when decoded to .wav files, the rip results by FRE:AC and EAC don't match. (They don't match Bapz's tracks either.) I'm at a loss as to which rip results I should keep. :roll:

Apesrfools' files are faulty without doubt. When decoded to .wav files, none of the tracks doesn't match sector boundaries except track 14. They must have been altered somehow after ripped from a CD.

Anyway, thank you both for taking your time to share these files :) :) :)
Perhaps is derived in the EAC extraction by the fact that it found a lot of timing errors, but not sure how that could affect
------------------------
Track 16

Filename C:\Music\The Beatles\As Nature Intended\16 Teddy Boy.wav

Peak level 60.6 %
Extraction speed 8.5 X
Test CRC CD5EC012
Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 2) [56ADCEEE], AccurateRip returned [69F723CD] (AR v2)
Copy OK

Track 17

Filename C:\Music\The Beatles\As Nature Intended\17 Two of Us.wav

Timing problem 0:00:00

Peak level 60.6 %
Extraction speed 8.0 X
Test CRC D25D5D21
Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 1) [9E80A99E], AccurateRip returned [6A4A9E51] (AR v2)
Copy finished
--------------------------
gonchichi wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:05 pm Skynet's copy seems to be an authentic Vigotone disc. But when decoded to .wav files, the rip results by FRE:AC and EAC don't match. (They don't match Bapz's tracks either.) I'm at a loss as to which rip results I should keep. :roll:
Well in this point i am not sure what to tell you, only confirm that this is one of the authentic first editions of vigotone as per moptop page, and as mentioned these files were ripped directly by me from the CD, in other words these did not come from someone else (or maybe i am just lousy at ripping CDs :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: )
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much skynet for the re-upload :)