Red & Blue Albums

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
masterjedi

Re: Red & Blue Albums

Post by masterjedi »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:46 pm Is it me or is the new "Can't Buy Me Love" only using one vocal track? The other track is barely there.

Are these mistakes/changes software bugs or software features? I'm cornfused. :roll:
Still there, but defiantly less pronounced than the common versions. I prefer it. It gives it more intimacy. This is one of several changes I can get behind.
fab4gear

Post by fab4gear »

£75 each set & they can't even give you a Triple Sleeve for the 3 albums, so you have bung 2 of the records into 1 of the (now bulging) sides.
No Decent Inserts, No Booklets, No Extra's, Nothing!
The Artwork looks like it's from a Photo Copy, with miserable Dark Apple labels & the Deluxe 'Box' is a thin card slipcase that is so light weight that it can hardly even stand up on it's own without the albums in it & track listings for the 3rd albums have just been 'tacked on' to that of the original releases.
At least the Red & Blue colours are nice!!!!
Last edited by fab4gear on Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"In My Life, I've Loved Them All "
Mr Muckle

Post by Mr Muckle »

Yikes, that 2023 stereo mix of "I Am the Walrus" really is a travesty! And "Old Brown Shoe" sounds like something old and brown that I stepped in with my shoe! Who signed off on these mixes?!!!
RaelBass

Post by RaelBass »

Mr Muckle wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:12 pm Yikes, that 2023 stereo mix of "I Am the Walrus" really is a travesty! And "Old Brown Shoe" sounds like something old and brown that I stepped in with my shoe! Who signed off on these mixes?!!!
Giles under indications of Paul.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

BeatleDan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:43 pm Rock is only Dead as far as chart music and Radio One are concerned. There are mountains of bands around the world making amazing guitar music, Phsychedelic, garage rock, rock n roll, blues, folk rock....all sorts of briliant exciting stuff. Check out Bandcamp, read Mojo magazine, go on https://aquariumdrunkard.com/ or any number of fantastic websites or radio Stations like 6music, WFMU or Radio K. The Beatles are hugely important and influential to those band and their fans. Taylor Swift/Robbie Williams/Michael Jackson/Telly Savalas - there is always going to be a huge money backed superstars that grab the headlines. People compare The beatles to those acts but only in size and sales - When it comes down the music - and its all about the music - you just have to look a little further underground to hear those acts who deserve genuine comparison
There were mountains of bands making amazing music in the '60s, '70s, etc., only it's not like they were known to general public, quite a number of them undeservingly so - though possibly making a greater awareness on a local scene level. And as for now, there are so many more. The problem is, while the researchers in those eras had some degree of success when chronicling the rock movement "on the go" - say, Lillian Roxon's first-ever "Rock Encyclopedia" from 1969, obviously not perfect, missing quite a lot, but a very valid attempt, even with the passing of all these years - it does not seem that anybody now would be able to attempt such undertaking. Ira C. Robbins' heroic chronicling (of just "new music") was done last time in 1995, and after that, it seems to be an impossible task. And his encyclopedia of "new music" was just that, listing "new music" bands alphabetically. It's not like anybody attempted an all-encompassing HISTORY book of rock, either. (The one exception is the Italian researcher Piero Scaruffi, his books are self-published, taking the timeline to 2008, and leave much to be desired.)

What I'm aiming at is - although rock bands are not dead, since the middle of the '90s it is rather the "post-rock" era. Rock ceased to have the importance it had before, so in this sense it's well dead. And within this cornucopia of music, it's not easy at all for a connoiseur to find his way.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Here's my attempt at remixing I am The Walrus... let me know what you think!
hxxps://we.tl/t-mVRiXCeBI4
-RubberSolof
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

BeatleDan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:43 pm Rock is only Dead as far as chart music and Radio One are concerned.
Yeah I know, that's actually all I meant sorry. There's still bands playing rock but it is no longer a major cultural force. Hip hop and all the dance genres have taken over that part.

I was talking to someone younger (not that much younger either) than myself and mentioned the kind of bands I like and she replied demeaningly "Oh, so you like rock? Nobody listens to rock."

And that was the end of the conversation as far as she was concerned. :roll:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

As far as many of these new mixes having oddball aspects to them, it seems to me it's not unlikely that these are inputs from the surviving Beatles and maybe even Dhanni and Sean. I can just imagine Paul saying, "I like my first vocal on cant buy me love" here, could we make that one louder please?" or asking Giles to make his bass louder in you cant do that. Maybe Ringo loved the cymbal crash at the start of Eight Days A Week.

I don't ever recall outsiders being part of the mixing decisions pre-2017. Maybe it was better that way. Too many cooks and all that.
Tex

Post by Tex »

We are fortunate we live in a time we don't have to rely on the red meat they toss our way.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:37 pm We are fortunate we live in a time we don't have to rely on the red meat they toss our way.
Yeah, that's why I'm okay with it all. I didn't expect it to be any different. If this had been done 20 years ago I expect they would have gone more in line with the 5.1 mixes in Anthology or Love. But that ship has sailed, hit an iceberg and sunk beneath 10 miles of ocean. It aint never coming back.