Super Deluxe disc storage - opinions wanted

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
sam004

Re: Super Deluxe disc storage - opinions wanted

Post by sam004 »

My local library repackages music CDs, regular issue and SDE in some durable cases.

Track listing and booklets are either original, scanned and printed or copied and inserted
into these packages.

Could not see any information on the packages, perhaps consult your local library.
Last edited by sam004 on Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Thanks for the ideas. I've taken the plunge and ordered some of the flexible covers, but not those PVC ones - thanks for the warning there. I also have a plan to cut down a cardboard CD holder box so it's a suitable size, and maybe put some design or something on the outside. I'll post back for anyone interested in doing the same.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

OK, so for anyone curious about how it went, or wondering whether to do the same... I've gone for it, and it feels like the right decision.

First off, bought a pack of (non-PVC) covers. These are over-sized so they can contain a CD cover as well as the disc. They're probably a little too big, but not a problem.

01.jpg
01.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 429 times

Happy to give the seller a plug, as product great, comms great. Friendly guy.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175677805110 ... Sw42hkdrCk

As you can see, these sleeves are larger than the CDs.

02.jpg
02.jpg (62.88 KiB) Viewed 429 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (108.9 KiB) Viewed 429 times

Next, the box. I used a box like you find in shops like Ikea. It's basically a flat cardboard construction which you fold up and join together. Since it's made from a single piece, it's possible to re-cut the card before assembly, so it turns out shorter. I made mine into roughly a cube.

04.jpg
04.jpg (68.38 KiB) Viewed 429 times

It needs some sort of finish - I may put some Beatle artwork on it, or paint it or something.Haven't decided yet. Anyway, now sitting on my shelf next to the SDEs, with plenty of room for Revolver when I eventually get it, and whatever else may arrive.

Does feel like a good move. I can now access the discs with the minimum of effort, and since they have the track listings on the backs, should be easy to find what I need.

05.jpg
05.jpg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 429 times