5 New Lewisohn Dates in the UK: Evolver63

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
cooryder

5 New Lewisohn Dates in the UK: Evolver63

Post by cooryder »

Announced on Mark's twitter, 4 London dates and one in Salford.

See me June 17/18 in Evolver:63
@bloomstheatre
(London) yakking Beatles 1963 in lively banter with a special guest.
Sat 17 14.00 w/
@SamiraAhmedUK

Sat 17 18.30 w/
@Johnny_Marr

Sun 18 14.00 w/
@HarryHill

Sun 18 18.30 w/
@ItsKevinEldon

Tickets from 10am Friday.
Lord Reith

Re: 5 New Lewisohn Dates in the UK: Evolver63

Post by Lord Reith »

YES!

I was hoping he'd do this. Can't wait to hear the revelations about 1963, what with Tune In being a bit of a lost cause. Very exciting.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

I wish he'd do a pay-for live-link on the internet so us poor souls who live on the other side of the world could participate. I'm sure that even if he was afraid that someone would boot it, the pay-per view revenue would offset it.

-robbmacc, living in Northern WI, USA, with crappy internet, but happy nonetheless
greenfrog12

Post by greenfrog12 »

He needs to get to work big time and finish volume 2 of All These Years, it's a joke, the time gap between publications
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

He is at work big time on it. It's all he does, every day, except for his public appearances which are to keep him afloat, since he has no other income. So far as the timescales are concerned, if it takes this long, it takes this long. I'd rather he does it the best he possibly can - which he will - than do it quicker and to a lower standard.

Patience will be rewarded in the long run.
wizz

Post by wizz »

greenfrog12 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:18 am He needs to get to work big time and finish volume 2 of All These Years, it's a joke, the time gap between publications

Agreed. He may end up with no one interested in buying such a book.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I have to agree it's been too long now. I have tremendous respect for Mark but I am also in mind of the quote "Works of art are never completed, they are only abandoned." By it's very nature this project has no end. It can literally never be complete. So the time has come to put down the account as it can best be told at this point in time, before it's too late (both for us and for him).

There is ample precedent for this. Maynard Soloman's definitive Beethoven biography was first published in 1998 to great acclaim, but was revised in 2012 with many additions. We'd all be happy to buy it a second time in revised form. Also, by publishing you are effectively throwing a stone into a pond, and the effects radiate outwards and stimulate people to come forward with new information. As Sherlock Holmes said, the best way to get the truth out of people is to present the facts as you see it and wait for them to correct you.

Also let's not forget that there are two volumes to get out after that. No man is immortal or immune from the ravages of old age and illness, and at the present rate there is a very high risk that the entire project will never see the light of day. This is not a sustainable schedule unless he lives well into his 80s without incident.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I get the impression he's well into the writing stage of volume two. Hopefully the gap between two and three won't be so great because he's done research on volume three along the way - for instance, he's been to the ashram and EMI in India, dug deep into the Get Back session audio, been to Amsterdam and researched the bed-in. 10 years (and counting) since volume one - if volume two takes another two (I'm totally guessing), then we might get volume three by the end of this decade.

Patience, patience, Beatle people. Works of art do get finished.
cooryder

Post by cooryder »

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd throw this out there: if anyone is going the Lewisohn Evolver63 shows in London on Saturday 17 June, drop me a PM if you are interested in getting together for a coffee or bevvie beforehand. It'd be fun to meet up with some fellow serious fans.

cooryder
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

Hi all
I was lucky enough to go to both Samira Ahmed and Johnny Marr sessions today. A few highlights:
- Samira said there is more to come on the Stowe tape. On Monday her show Front Row will have more on what’s happening to the tape and how we will be able to hear it
- Mark played a demo of Misery recorded in the Cavern for Helen Shapiro. Was this known?
- Johnny had a lot of insight on how well the Beatles worked musically.
- less structured than last year, this was kind of a ramble through Mark’s files and documents. I’d say the 2 shows shared about 50% of their content - it was worth going to both.
- Want to know why fans threw jelly babies at the Beatles? This is the show for you.
- there are 2 more shows tomorrow