Request: Original Italian Abbey Road Needledrop

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
bobzilla

Request: Original Italian Abbey Road Needledrop

Post by bobzilla »

Just curious if anyone has a needledrop of the original Italian Abbey Road lp (PMCQ 31520)? It supposedly has I Want You (She's So Heavy) faded out at the end. I'm just curious to hear it. Thanks!
sirpaulstarling

Re: Request: Original Italian Abbey Road Needledrop

Post by sirpaulstarling »

Yes I have this pressing. I'll make a transfer later today. Stay tuned!
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

sirpaulstarling wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:35 pm Yes I have this pressing. I'll make a transfer later today. Stay tuned!
Fantastic! Thank you!
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I've never heard of this before. Not wanting to go off-topic, but there are several cases like this - Australian album with fade-in on With A Little Help, I seem to remember a White Album from somewhere with a different edit on one track, There's the Capitol-issued false start on I'm Looking Through You, and isn't there a copy of Ballad Of John And Yoko floating around with the offending words bleeped out? Anyhoo - would be cool if someone compiled them all.
sirpaulstarling

Abbey Road (1969 Italiana PMCQ 31520 / 3C 062-04243)

Here you go. Side A and B in 24 bit / 44.100 kHz. Both are AIFF files (hope that's ok).
I also included photos of the LP front and back covers along with the labels.
It's not the cleanest pressing (bit of surface noise) but it gives you a good idea.
I used my Duel 1218 record player with Ortofon 2M Blue stylus through solid state Kenwood KA-6100 amp into Mobile Pre interface. Zero EQ or extra compression added. Enjoy!

link (replace x with t):
hxxps://we.tl/t-FhzfTiAArl
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

sirpaulstarling wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:57 pm Abbey Road (1969 Italiana PMCQ 31520 / 3C 062-04243)

Here you go. Side A and B in 24 bit / 44.100 kHz. Both are AIFF files (hope that's ok).
It's not the cleanest pressing (bit of surface noise) but it gives you a good idea.
I used my Duel 1218 record player with Ortofon 2M Blue stylus through solid state Kenwood KA-6100 amp into Mobile Pre interface. Zero EQ or extra compression added. Enjoy!

link (replace x with t):
sirpaulstarling
Awesome!!
Thanks for posting this one.
If I remember correctly,another different mix of I Want You(She's So Heavy) is either on a Mexican EP
or Abbey Road Netherlands Pressing.
Mike
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

sirpaulstarling wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:57 pm Abbey Road (1969 Italiana PMCQ 31520 / 3C 062-04243)

link (replace x with t):
Yay! Thanks!
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

beatlesfanfromsop wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:49 pm sirpaulstarling
Awesome!!
If I remember correctly,another different mix of I Want You(She's So Heavy) is either on a Mexican EP
Mike
Yes. There is a Mexican EP with a faded I Want You. I have it and can upload it. That's partially why I wanted to hear this version to see if they fade at the same place or not. I'll report back...
sirpaulstarling

beatlesfanfromsop wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:49 pm

link (replace x with t):
sirpaulstarling
Awesome!!
Mike
happy to do it. i get endless enjoyment from the uploads on this forum, and if i can add the occasional contribution I'm so happy to do it.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.