THE MOVEMENT YOU NEED

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: THE MOVEMENT YOU NEED

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys, glad you liked the Birdy Num Nums. I never realised YKMN was so popular. Myself, I still laugh out loud every time I play it. It never wears off. And though it isn't the highlight, the ska bit always brings a smile to my face with the ropey saxophone playing the upbeat.
timmyg51 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 am Thank you!

Wots the story with George wrecking "You Know My Name"?
What I read was that George thought the "you know my number 1, you know my number 2" section was "too self indulgent" and took the opportunity while at a recording session of his own to surpervise the Anthology edit. Thereby totally wrecking the whole point of it, which was that it be presented unedited.

Beakles fans will also be pleased to know that I have also demixed the single of Hey Jude/Revolution and these two along with YKMN will also be on the final volume of Abracadabra to compensate for their glaring omission from the super deluxe sets.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you !
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

Thank you much, LR!
mmoor999

Post by mmoor999 »

...by the "Beakles" ...love it!
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Looking forward to setting time aside to put on the headphones and give this a listen. A complete YKMN is always something I’m interested in. My only other wish list item is a mix with just the 1967 recording.
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

This is really cool, thank you Lord. :)
vickrose777

Post by vickrose777 »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 am to compensate for their glaring omission from the super deluxe sets.
LR I'm afraid I have to agree with you here. I'm a glass half full type of guy, yet I can't help but see missed opportunities with these SDEs. Think about everything they could have done with Let It Be....maybe in another 10 years or so....maybe I should just...Let It Be
<whaa whaaaaa>
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

vickrose777 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 am
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 am to compensate for their glaring omission from the super deluxe sets.
LR I'm afraid I have to agree with you here. I'm a glass half full type of guy, yet I can't help but see missed opportunities with these SDEs. Think about everything they could have done with Let It Be....maybe in another 10 years or so....maybe I should just...Let It Be
<whaa whaaaaa>
I see your point. But we have to be realists: no official release is ever going to please all the hardcore fans. The only reason I got into messing about with audio was because I have never bought a record in my entire life that I was happy with. This goes right back to the original Beatles albums. Of course, until very, very recently I was not able to change the mixing of Beatles albums but I had certainly always wanted to. But before that I would always eq, speed adjust or whatever to correct what I thought were faults on any bootlegs or real records I bought. And I would add songs to albums, or leave them out when I made up a cassette. I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who replaced, say, "When I'm Sixty Four" and "Within You Without You" with Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields.

The funny thing is though, that because the official catalogue is such a gigantic mess some great communities like this one have come into being, full of people who want to address the issues and are happy to share their knowledge and expertise. So we get our own little fan versions to share with each other, and that way we are happy. And in truth, maybe it's better that way. And I don't think Apple give a hoot about it. They know we'll all buy their stuff anyway. And we do.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Doug

Post by Doug »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 amI never realised YKMN was so popular. Myself, I still laugh out loud every time I play it. It never wears off. And though it isn't the highlight, the ska bit always brings a smile to my face with the ropey saxophone playing the upbeat.
Ditto. I understand why Paul once described it as his favorite Beatles song.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:46 am The funny thing is though, that because the official catalogue is such a gigantic mess some great communities like this one have come into being, full of people who want to address the issues and are happy to share their knowledge and expertise. So we get our own little fan versions to share with each other, and that way we are happy. And in truth, maybe it's better that way. And I don't think Apple give a hoot about it. They know we'll all buy their stuff anyway. And we do.
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Happy Thanksgiving, Sire!
That's a beautiful statement...that's a beautiful EP! Take a long song and make it shorter.
Now, why be thankful? Not the usual reasons...I'm talking about the REAL reason!
Maybe you will even agree with me!
You see, there's this band that got my attention the very first time I heard them, they don't go through phases.
They are constant, eternal, ever-present and In-motion. For fifty five years, they have been the BEST and yet,
I am of the opinion that they are only NOW finding their relevance. Whatever they have been was just a sample of what they are about to be.
Part of that distinction has to do with this forum and the membership that does a lot of wonderful things to keep that relevance current! This band has been broken up for a half century...they are still ahead of their time!
Let that thought console you! Now, relish the efforts of our own Lord Reith!
I dub thee Sir Loin Of Steak!
How does he do it? I never realized that Hey Jude was an over-produced abomination but this version is so smooth, I don't even recognize it.
The Revolution 1 track is a finger pointing towards the Heavens! It's only germinating but branches will grow and become sow-sow!
You know my name look up my Reeperbahn! Do NOT adjust your Schlagers! But, I am so behind on the great gifts that the forum gives us.
The Beatles are coming!
Let's do it again, tomorrow!
EVERYTHING leads back to The Beatles!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you, Lord Reith!
KC

(The Beginning)