Beach Boys Sail On Sailor Box

General music and other artist discussions.
Ziggy C

Beach Boys Sail On Sailor Box

Post by Ziggy C »

I'm more interested in the Sail On Sailor Box, set to be released next month (or is it December?) than I am in the Revolver set.

While, it's the best Beatles album (next to Rubber Soul in my book,) I am less interested in any magical reimagining by the likes of Giles Martin. He is not his Dad. Once Giles gets with a group on the ground floor and builds them up in a manner not unlike his Dad, then I'll reconsider. But so far, Giles is part of, and beholden to, the machine. That leaves me jaded to no end.

So The Beach Boys sets, as they have been putting out to extend the copyright, hold a lot more treasures for me.
Last edited by Ziggy C on Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwai Chang

Re: Beach Boys Sail On Sailor Box

Post by Kwai Chang »

I listened to Holland almost as much as Surf's Up. But if parts of Surf's Up are timeless,
the Holland album is purely 1972. It always left me without any desire to hear the EP
about Magic Radio And The Beanstalk. Too bad they didn't put the Beach Boys - In Concert album.
It is a great record and where I jumped ship. Hearing the live Heroes And Villains was cool with the 'In The Cantina'
section. So Tough was not acknowledged. I just didn't think it was adventurous enough.
Thanks for the tip.
KC
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

I am waiting with baited breath, need whatever they can offer of the "So Tough" sessions. That album was my introduction to them. Did not register at all at the first listening - "eh, this s**t is weak" (I knew already it was considered the weakest one) - then I found I kept placing it on my turntable :lol: As for "Holland", a great album, but more commercial that the earlier one IMO, so I don't have deep feelings for it.

It's good that the BB team does not offer "EPs" :lol:
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

Have The Beach Boys Sail On Sailor Box been released yet?
I haven't seen it anywhere.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Jukka wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:13 pm Have The Beach Boys Sail On Sailor Box been released yet?
I haven't seen it anywhere.
Dec 2nd but you can pre-order it on Amazon.