Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Rickenbacker325

Re: Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

beatlbay wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:25 am
alphabeatles wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:35 pm Been there done that, bring on Rubber Soul!
Oh boy, can't wait to pay $500 for that set. One and a half CDs worth of material spread out over 10 discs! Oh, and a download only version of the mono LP, forget the 5.1 or Atmos. But, we will get a wonderful book with another McCartney intro saying what a great album Rubber Soul is...

(ahh sarcasism.. sorry guys there is no way I can justify this current rip-off)
And nothing from Ringo…yet again…what’s up with that??
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:54 am And nothing from Ringo…yet again…what’s up with that??
:lol: LMAO...I'm sure the "Ringo The 4th" box will drop by Christmas...
SeaofGreen

Post by SeaofGreen »

Sounds great. Especially in Atmos. Thank you Giles and Sam
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

beatlbay wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:01 am
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:54 am And nothing from Ringo…yet again…what’s up with that??
:lol: LMAO...I'm sure the "Ringo The 4th" box will drop by Christmas...
I was actually referring to no Ringo introductions on these super deluxe boxes…granted it’ll be some generic message of how they “loved each other” and “found the beat” but he seems to not want to be very involved with these things. And yes, I’ll take a Ringo the 4th box as long as it features the complete Drowning in the Sea of Love outtakes!
veejayman

Post by veejayman »

Can you download the atmos 5.1 from Apple or Tidal or....and play it on your 5.1 system set up?
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

veejayman wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:56 pm Can you download the atmos 5.1 from Apple or Tidal or....and play it on your 5.1 system set up?
Would also be interested in atmos. However, atmos is not the same as 5.1; you need an atmos capable system to play atmos, not any 5.1 system.
veejayman

Post by veejayman »

Ok - so there is no 5.1 mixes to listen too?

BDJ wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:29 pm
veejayman wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:56 pm Can you download the atmos 5.1 from Apple or Tidal or....and play it on your 5.1 system set up?
Would also be interested in atmos. However, atmos is not the same as 5.1; you need an atmos capable system to play atmos, not any 5.1 system.
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

Engonoceras wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:23 pm $50 bucks for the whole thing at qobuz.com in 24-bit, 96 khz ;)
Or HDtracks where I got mine, 20% off right now.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Breaking News: Planet Earth...
Excuse me, Sir. Did you see what happened?
No! I didn't see anything. But I felt it and I heard it. If there's anything mysterious about it, it is the fact that it's coming from the same place that the other mysteries came from! This is the same movie. The whole of the planet has been checked out and the anomaly is a hole in the ground called The Cavern. This time, the same four guys agree that if something doesn't change soon, that the SEVEN years would start an out of phase retrograde cancellation of itself and there would be no need for the last 3 1/2 years...mainly because that's all that was left. So, as quickly as they could, they stopped pretending to play outside. Two of them went to the dentist. One of them vowed to never ride a moped ever again. And the one with blue eyes decided that Chess would improve his musical contribution so they had Mal bring the game and a small table. They convened inside number 2 at number 3 and entered The Void in a show of good faith that was in addition to the confidence they had always had. The result was an effort that continues to spin, turn, gyro and balance the other mystical components like time and space and checkmate to become a Universal totem for all culture. And for every other description that has been given of said effort, we commence thusly, sixty six years on, to commemorate the center of the seven years...the center of the hub, the center of the diameter and the center of the beginning and the center of the end. As we all know...or, YOU'RE ABOUT TO KNOW...this album has not gotten older...but it has eluded any such mechanics of the sundial. If the album has not gotten younger. This album has done something previously unknown: it has stayed NEW and amniotic...on the verge of being born...And today we realize it will sound new EVERY time it gets played. The rest is called life and it revolves around this record. Let that thought console you!
This is the final moment of NEWNESS and after it, is all self parody. That takes 3 1/2 years to prepare for. That will be called the death of...CONFIDENCE!
Thank you, Everybody.
Spiritual checkmate has found us!
KC
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

There's a terrible glitch at 1.58 on the right side of Good Day Sunshine. :(