Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
ruedabeat

Re: Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Post by ruedabeat »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:12 pm
skynet wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:42 pm Very good post on the box set

https://www.avforums.com/threads/beatle ... t.2428076/

These particular 2 paragraphs think they are right on:

"Of all the bands on the planet, The Beatles are the one band that should have their entire catalogue available in a physical hi-res audio format, be it SACD, DVD-A or BD-A. Like many fans I had resigned myself to the fact, that if the only way we were going to get The Beatles in hi-res was via an expensive box set released once every year, then so be it.

But alas, for the first time ever, no Blu-ray Audio disc in the Revolver box set.

And why not? Because this time they want us to purchase the hi-res version separately and as a download, not as a physical disc format. But hang on it gets better – they want us to buy it twice! They are making the hi-res stereo remix and the hi-res Dolby Atmos mix available a separate downloads, approximate total cost circa £47. that’s on top of £120 for the 5cd (shoulda-been 3cd) box set!

This redefines the term “rip-off”."
Don't worry. They are saving it for an another project in 20-30 years.
Some one else has written my thoughts. Thanks! :ugeek:
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:28 pm I'm curious: how many of you are buying the vinyl set?

From what I've been reading, it seems quite popular.
Only the CD version for me. The only exception was Let It Be, I bought both versions to have an official Get Back LP. And a larger book ! :)
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I really want the LPs, but I can’t justify the price currently as I could with LIB. The fact that the book is full-size in the CD set helped me make that decision.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The owner of the board has requested that people not post about the leaked copy which has appeared else where on the internet.

The leak is a very big deal and will have profound consequences, so we shouldn't have anything to do with it. If you happen to have come by a copy somehow, please keep quiet about it and we can all discuss it in a week's time on release day.

Apologies to all, and hope no one has taken offence.
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:43 pm The owner of the board has requested that people not post about the leaked copy which has appeared else where on the internet.

The leak is a very big deal and will have profound consequences, so we shouldn't have anything to do with it. If you happen to have come by a copy somehow, please keep quiet about it and we can all discuss it in a week's time on release day.

Apologies to all, and hope no one has taken offence.
Understandable.... BUT - oh pooooooo!
Anyway, I totally agree with the thoughts expressed in the above referenced article a few posts back. I don't care about the reasons, Apple et al are looking mighty greedy in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they are entitled to make a dollar and it is my choice whether to give them that dollar; however, charging more and more for less and less product is very discouraging to me. This is one of the main reasons I now look for Mccartney's Deluxe Set elsewhere besides legitiment stores or Amazon. Truthfully, the Lennon estate seems to be the only ones who get it. So far, the Lennon boxes have been loaded and affordable. I still buy those. If Apple et al continue this way, this will be the last Beatle Box I offically purchase... even tho - but we can't talk about what we have or haven't heard already... all I will say is that it is no WHITE ALBUM set, but looking at the advertisements, you can already see that this is one of the weaker sets, in my opinion.
Tex

Post by Tex »

This board is about remixes and bootlegs NOT pirating commercially available product.
BeatlesVI

Post by BeatlesVI »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:28 pm I'm curious: how many of you are buying the vinyl set?

From what I've been reading, it seems quite popular.
I thought the price would drop to $140-$150, but unlike the Let It Be set, it looks like they are holding firm at $192-$199. I might grab the CD version to have the book. I have the 2009 stereo vinyl and the 2014 Mono vinyl also, so the choice is a little easier...
...the member formerly known as "sirguitarist"
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Engonoceras wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:30 pm This board is about remixes and bootlegs NOT pirating commercially available product.
Ummmm... wonder what Apple et al would say about remixing "commercially available product"?
I guess spending $150 to $200 allows you to do that....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

beatlbay wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:00 am
Engonoceras wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:30 pm This board is about remixes and bootlegs NOT pirating commercially available product.
Ummmm... wonder what Apple et al would say about remixing "commercially available product"?
I guess spending $150 to $200 allows you to do that....
No remixes of the SDE are allowed either, at least not until after release.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golem

Post by Golem »

man, btz never had an issue with official content like this, why is everyone suddenly so eager to post official stuff :?