Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
csnyfan

Re: Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Post by csnyfan »

csnyfan wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:06 pm Demo of "She Said She Said" has been collapsed to mono without correcting for wobbly azimuth / channel alignment. Snippet has been bootlegged before, will it be longer than the one we have? I doubt it.
The best source for the demo is Entomology, and it's in pristine and vastly superior quality there. :D Looks like the SDE team used the same source that Coltturkey used for Home Demos, but IDK what that is.
gvout

Post by gvout »

Who will have these sets cheapest? 5CD on Amazon is $139.95
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

csnyfan wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:34 pm
csnyfan wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:06 pm Demo of "She Said She Said" has been collapsed to mono without correcting for wobbly azimuth / channel alignment. Snippet has been bootlegged before, will it be longer than the one we have? I doubt it.
The best source for the demo is Entomology, and it's in pristine and vastly superior quality there. :D Looks like the SDE team used the same source that Coltturkey used for Home Demos, but IDK what that is.
Can someone share entomology?
Well if it's not as bad as IMM 1970 mix last year then that's something.
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

I'm in for the SDE :D
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

alphabeatles wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:13 am
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:34 am The vinyl SDE is apparently 195 pounds!! :shock:

It is pretty but not that pretty. Think I'll pass and wait till this time next year when it's cheaper. That is just crazy money.
Compared to the usual 180 grams that's hefty! ;-)
Hehe. This is my kind of humor. :D
lennonfan

Post by lennonfan »

This is from Rolling Stone. Apologies if this has already been posted here before: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 234587264/
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

lennonfan wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:55 pm This is from Rolling Stone. Apologies if this has already been posted here before: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 234587264/
Good article, I learned a lot and am looking forward to Revolver even more
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

I guess it's become the defacto response to complain when a product is different from the way a person wants it. "Count me out" or "they can keep it" or whatever. Maybe our expectations are too high.

For me this is gold. I'm going to treasure it. I hope they can find rational to continue these releases as each track is a jewel.

From the artists perspective, this is the stuff they didn't intend us to hear. It is the creative process at work. And as much as we think there is more or better, the artists (and their people) are the gatekeepers. They don't really see value in 5 takes of something that all sound the same, or someone missing a lyric.

For me, this better than I was hoping for, given the lack of materials in the past. It brings me joy.

Steve
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

The official announcement was just posted in the Beatles YouTube channel at

October 28th is the release date & they have very short samples of a few songs including "Got To Get You Into My Life" with the split horns stereo that was only partial on the Anthology DVD set!

The complete new 2022 Taxman mix is at It is rather narrow stereo IMO.

Rog
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:49 am I just listened to the preview snippets. My thoughts...

- TNK: sounds pretty much like the regular stereo but with more bass, with the tom-toms manually panned to the left (not a bad idea).

- TAX: sounds really good! John's guitar separated from the bass and drums, drums slightly left, guitar hard right, cowbell and tambourine separated. Similar to my demix a few weeks ago but with the stereo reversed.

- ER: sounds much the same as the recent remix.

- Rain: this is scary... it's almost exactly the same as my mix from a few weeks ago! Separated guitar and drums work well.

-YS: drums and acoustic guitar hard left and not demixed... what gives? Demucs3 can do this easily.

- GDS: hmm, has a weird bathroom ambience to it which I don't like much.

- GTGYIML: no demixing here either but sounds good and powerful. The horns have been ADT'd and split into stereo.

All in all though, this sounds really good and doesn't have that muddy, distorted sound that has always plagued this album. That's what I was most hoping for more than demixing. So I think this will be a remix I will play quite often.

I also think the anti-demixing cohort will be placated. There doesn't seem to be any nasty artefacts.
As soon as I listened to the snippet of Taxman I thought of your recent Mix My lord Reith. :geek:

Tell us the truth, you´ve heard the official mix yet before. :mrgreen:

Lord, your mix sounds much better than the one on Youtube. (In fact, the one in Youtube is incomplete). 8-)
Last edited by ruedabeat on Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.