Liverpool 12 December 2018

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Bumblebee

Liverpool 12 December 2018

Post by Bumblebee »

This is a recording of Paul's 2018 Liverpool concert, complete with soundcheck - which is at the end of disc three. The tracks don't quite correspond to the sleeve art because some of the non music tracks are integrated with a music track whereas the sleeve lists them individually. But all of the music should be present and correct.

If you saw the Glastonbury performance you'll notice that around 80% of the music and 90% of the ad libs are the same, which just goes to show how mechanical these shows have become.

I was at this concert and something happened which I've not been able to get to the bottom of. After Birthday, the first song of the encore, a young girl with her mother appeared on stage. Paul makes some reference to occasionally running competitions with the prize being a chance to sing with him on stage. The girl then does a fairly serviceable version of I Saw Her Standing There. The explanation sounded like BS at the time and it still does now - if there had have been a competition then I'd have been all over it and if I'd have won we'd have done Revolution 9. That aside, does anyone have any more info on these supposed competitions or how this girl managed to wangle a song with Paul?

hxxps://we.tl/t-Tf9QdEyW20
Fast lucky

Re: Liverpool 12 December 2018

Post by Fast lucky »

I was there too ! I have two boots of that show, one IEM, the other audience (Piccadilly).

I was about to say that Paul usually picks the fans among the crowd, but then I made a quick search and found this :

https://www.omaze.com/products/paul-mcc ... -liverpool

My location does not allow me to read it :(
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

Right then, it was really a competition then. I’m clearly getting too cynical.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Your share is the same IEM I have ...
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

It’s likely the same circulating source.

It was a good concert but, for us, marred by the couple in front. Initially I took them to be mother and son; every time Paul did a Beatles song they stood up, sang to each other then got overly intimate - certainly beyond the bounds of mere maternal affection. As I scanned the seats around us I saw a fairly elderly, reverential audience all sat down enjoying the show. Why, then, did I have to get the seats behind Village idiot and his Mrs Robinson….
ashwom1

Post by ashwom1 »

I was at the show too, as was Elvis Costello (shown at one point on the video screen), the young boy in the 'Fuh You' video (ditto) and the Quarry Men's original drummer Colin Hanton, there on the occasion of his 80th birthday and awarded a few moments backstage with Paul, the first time they'd seen each other in 59 years (arranged by Freda Kelly)

Any or all versions of this show would be welcome. Thanks
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

I was at this show as well. I was able to track down the mother and daughter that won the contest and supply them with my photos of their time on stage
MUR

Post by MUR »

Fast lucky wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm I was there too ! I have two boots of that show, one IEM, the other audience (Piccadilly).
Luc, could you please share Piccadilly one? I guess it is PCCD311-313.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Ok, will do.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

How do you know that I have it ? ;)