Badfinger - Headfirst

General music and other artist discussions.
sam004

Badfinger - Headfirst

Post by sam004 »

What is the best version of the album ?
I have the Head First CD from about 2000 from Snapper ?
Is there a boot that sounds any better ?

Also looking for a good compilation of all the outtakes
I would love to have a purple chick style wrap up of all the unreleased studio and live material.
hkb

Re: Badfinger - Headfirst

Post by hkb »

SEND YOU PM
Last edited by hkb on Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Sam, do yourself a favor and grab the stuff that is right below you because if you go here------> viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3687 you will be able to read about who, what, when, where, and why! But the OTHER ARTISTS policy has changed. It's now much more than lingering, loitering and singing off key! It would be best to do what must be done so that our forum CEO, WilliamShears doesn't have to do it. It isn't anything anybody has done. It's just that he's trying to make this the best playground in the world. So, it isn't about violation. It's about Keeping it simple. If there's a happy landlord, there will be happy tenants! Try and hear this. There are plenty of ways to Badfinger. Just not in the playground. Read between those lines and I can probably help you overdose on them. I believe that The Beatles keep him busy already. Eventually the notice might even include solo Beatles. So, hurry back...there isn't more to say than that. Or, so I've heard.

From the link above you can read the rest of this:
Despite an abundance of Bob Dylan love among the membership, please, read this extremely concise post/change in policy at the following link:
----> Sharing music by other artists will stop on Feb 15----> viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2624
...It would be easier to just lay it all out right now. It wouldn't be proper to give you anything but the whole story. There is an easy to read explanation that cuts right through the tinsel. I must also direct you to the ongoing efforts of WilliamShears that is a valuable resource for Beatles timeline and related recording data-----> https://beatlesdb.com/ <-----so, there is plenty to be thankful for!
KC
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

I Sent U a PM too the other day . Check it out .
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

If you haven’t already checked it out then then have a look at Tom Brennans Badfinger library, https://badfinge.ipower.com/ There are three CD releases available in the Iveys Anthology series as well as a recently released Pete Ham demo disc. All well worth acquiring, as is Dan Matovina’s book on the group. There’s a pdf for the latter to save shelling out a kings ransom on the out of print paper copy (it’s also available on kindle as well).

A Purple Chick style anthology on Badfinger would be great, although Calico Skies effectively covered the Apple Years in his expanded album series a few years back. If you’ve got them and the Black and White Rainbows set then you’re pretty much most of the way there.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Bumblebee wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:24 pm
I can tell you ONE THING the boys were a NOICY lot. The stayed in a bungalow next to me in Finchley Road between The Castle pub and Golders Green St around winter dec70.
They argued all the time. At one occassion their drum landed on my tarmack. On addressing the issue the door opened but no one was home?
Howewer they had a talent apart from taking care of their gift/ belongings/revenue.

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
sam004

Post by sam004 »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:43 pm
Bumblebee wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:24 pm
I can tell you ONE THING the boys were a NOICY lot. The stayed in a bungalow next to me in Finchley Road between The Castle pub and Golders Green St around winter dec70.
They argued all the time. At one occassion their drum landed on my tarmack. On addressing the issue the door opened but no one was home?
Howewer they had a talent apart from taking care of their gift/ belongings/revenue.

Regards
ATN
Awesome story, thanks for sharing.
sam004

Post by sam004 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:18 am Sam, do yourself a favor and grab the stuff that is right below you because if you go here------> viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3687 you will be able to read about who, what, when, where, and why! But the OTHER ARTISTS policy has changed. It's now much more than lingering, loitering and singing off key! It would be best to do what must be done so that our forum CEO, WilliamShears doesn't have to do it. It isn't anything anybody has done. It's just that he's trying to make this the best playground in the world. So, it isn't about violation. It's about Keeping it simple. If there's a happy landlord, there will be happy tenants! Try and hear this. There are plenty of ways to Badfinger. Just not in the playground. Read between those lines and I can probably help you overdose on them. I believe that The Beatles keep him busy already. Eventually the notice might even include solo Beatles. So, hurry back...there isn't more to say than that. Or, so I've heard.

From the link above you can read the rest of this:
Despite an abundance of Bob Dylan love among the membership, please, read this extremely concise post/change in policy at the following link:
----> Sharing music by other artists will stop on Feb 15----> viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2624
...It would be easier to just lay it all out right now. It wouldn't be proper to give you anything but the whole story. There is an easy to read explanation that cuts right through the tinsel. I must also direct you to the ongoing efforts of WilliamShears that is a valuable resource for Beatles timeline and related recording data-----> https://beatlesdb.com/ <-----so, there is plenty to be thankful for!
KC
My apologies. I can understand the reasons. I guess I have read that policy a while back.
I was merely asking a question. There is SHF for that I suppose.
Should that category be closed or locked then ?
Only Beatles and solo then, nothing else, just to be clear ?
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

sam004 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:43 am My apologies. I can understand the reasons. I guess I have read that policy a while back.
I was merely asking a question. There is SHF for that I suppose.
Should that category be closed or locked then ?
Only Beatles and solo then, nothing else, just to be clear ?
I don't want to try and speak for WilliamShears...
It's his forum...we're allowed to play here without limit...So, for me, the only rules that matter are the first two...
Rule 1 - WilliamShears is ALWAYS right.
Rule 2 - See Rule 1
Yes, the forum is a Beatles forum and solo Beatles are the ONLY exception to that rule. The Other Artists section is just a carcass and was left in place for discussion purposes. But, in reality, it should be removed. It is distractionary. Everything leads to Beatles Music. I know it looks easy and it looks fun because WilliamShears keeps it minimized. He wouldn't be able to accomplish that any other way. Feel free to send PM(private message) to other forum members regarding your Badfinger needs. You might even post specific titles you're looking for in the OTHER ARTISTS section. After all, it's just conversation. It's not as if you're asking for a link to be sent in a PM. Miracles happen in the strangest places.
And, finally, I am in no way associated with rules, enforcement, policing, etc. I was just walking by and thought Frank Sinatra was trying to start another fire.
KC
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »