McCartney - Ultimate Archive Collection

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Rupert Pupkin

Re: McCartney - Ultimate Archive Collection

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Feromount wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:48 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 am Did some fans here tried to update dave1dmarx box set ? :oops:
I have my own remade versions of the sets on my computer, but i prefer not to share them here for a ton of reasons. I assume a lot of people here have updated their own versions of the set. The old mega folder had a third disc on Run Devil Run for instance.

Honestly, i think it's impossible to make a new, completely updated version of the collection that pleases everyone. The original is still pretty great, outdated and all, in my opinion. :D
yes I remember a 3rd disc for the great "Run Devil Run" album but I think that it was not compiled by dave1dmarx (the third disc which was excellent)
dave1dmarx made an updated 3 to a 5 CD box set for "Flowers In The Dirt" after the release of the official box set (this was one of the official McCartney box set with IMHO the more new and interesting new stuff)- I was thinking that maybe dave1dmarx re-assembled and revised "Ram" and "Red Rose Speedway".
The thing is that "Get On The Right Thing" is from the RAM studio sessions I think; and maybe some other tracks ("Little Lamb Dragonfly" perhaps ?)
For instance "The Great Cock And Seagull Race" belong to the RAM sessions and was released on the "Wild Life" box set.
Thus, with these 2 great official box set (Red Rose... and Wild Life) we got suddenly a lot of RAM studio sessions.

Thus, a part of the RAM material on Red Rose Speedway official box set should go on the RAM set.
I remember I tried to get some info at the S.Hoffman forum in order to compile after the Red Rose Speedway official box set a RAM studio session set (including The Back Seat Of My Car (from Unsurpassed CD), some instrumental mix of Monkberry Moon Delight, etc...)
I also tried to ID which version of the song "A Love For You"- has no post-RAM overdubs. Apparently the one from the RAM studio sessions- the J.Kelly mix on the Ram official box set is post-RAM overdubs I think.

The other thing with the Voo-Doo series is that a lot of songs have been moved on other box set (the "Wink'" and "Footprints" box set of rarities) : thus 1st Indian On the Moon, Single Pigeon, and other rough mixes of Red Rose Speedway have been moved on some other rarities box set.

I think that it would be great to assemble a RAM studio session set (I have never seen anything like that) and assembling a new Red Rose Speedway set would needed to check what was new and belong to the Red Rose sessions on the official box set and what was sonically improved; or which is totally new.
cjmander66

Post by cjmander66 »

Hi, Could Someone Do A Re-upload of the Unplugged CD set.

Thanks

cjmander
Golem

Post by Golem »

cjmander66 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:57 am Hi, Could Someone Do A Re-upload of the Unplugged CD set.

Thanks

cjmander
its still up on the main link
hxxps://mega.nz/folder/ng1TkBZK#-tHbylX ... r/vkMwCZ7Z
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Thank you for posting these! I lost some of this material to a hard drive failure years ago and it's nice to have it back.
bri286

Post by bri286 »

Hummus905 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:35 pm The Best Of The McCartney Years DTS CD
(A Promo Sampler)

Year: 2007
Genre : Pop / Rock
Source : The McCartney Years DVD DTS
Format: DTS CD (wav + cue)
Label : Warner Brothers
Channels: 5.1
Samplerate: 44100
Length: 79:53

Ripped, transcoded and edited by mojave productions
- dvd decrypter - dvd audio extractor - sound forge -
r8brain - surcode cd pro dts -

1. Maybe I'm Amazed
2. Heart Of The Country
3. Hi Hi Hi
4. My Love
5. Helen Wheels
6. Band On The Run
7. Silly Love Songs
8. Coming Up
9. Take It Away
10. No More Lonely Nights (edit)
11. Press
12. Pretty Little Head
13. My Brave Face (edit)
14. This One
15. Put It There
16. Hope Of Deliverance (edit)
17. Biker Like An Icon
18. Little Willow
19. No Other Baby
20. Fine Line (edit)
21. And I Love Her (Unplugged) (edit)

edit notes:

10 - non-musical intro removed and non-musical sounds removed from the
center channel (dog barking during singing, talking during 2nd guitar
solo and door noises towards the end of the song, faded fl and fr
just a tad bit early to reduce the projector sound at the end of the song

16 and 19 - non-musical intro removed

21 - faded in and out audience noise

The Best Of The McCartney Years DTS CD 2007

hXXps://www84.zippyshare.com/v/smcTI5Vm/file.html
hXXps://www84.zippyshare.com/v/ZOyE3PRM/file.html
This (and volume 2) looks great, but we are unable to access Zippyshare in the UK - could you (or some kind soul) possibly re-post them elsewhere, please nicely?
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:01 am
Feromount wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:48 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 am Did some fans here tried to update dave1dmarx box set ? :oops:
I have my own remade versions of the sets on my computer, but i prefer not to share them here for a ton of reasons. I assume a lot of people here have updated their own versions of the set. The old mega folder had a third disc on Run Devil Run for instance.

Honestly, i think it's impossible to make a new, completely updated version of the collection that pleases everyone. The original is still pretty great, outdated and all, in my opinion. :D
yes I remember a 3rd disc for the great "Run Devil Run" album but I think that it was not compiled by dave1dmarx (the third disc which was excellent)
Can someone please post the 3rd disc mentioned above of Run devil Run! Thanks!!
-RS
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

bri286 - here's Hummus905's two sets of The Best Of The McCartney Years DTS CD 2007 re-up on wetransfer for a week :
hXXps://we.tl/t-tuEAxYAPM0
And I chime in with RubberSolof's request for disc 3 of Run Devil Run by dave1dmarx (even if it's not his making),
if anyone can PLEASE upload that,
many thanks in advance :D Robert
MCYC2021

Post by MCYC2021 »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:56 pm bri286 - here's Hummus905's two sets of The Best Of The McCartney Years DTS CD 2007 re-up on wetransfer for a week :
hXXps://we.tl/t-tuEAxYAPM0
And I chime in with RubberSolof's request for disc 3 of Run Devil Run by dave1dmarx (even if it's not his making),
if anyone can PLEASE upload that,
many thanks in advance :D Robert
Ey, RubberSolof's and beatlesnyttigt! This is the 'unofficial' third Run Devil Run disc.

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/HlFXwIaD#zSim9ubiwHkb_ND2zxr3uw

It's encoded in mp3 as it was originally shared.

Regards!!!
I used to run a blog ... http://mychaosandcreation.blogspot.com but I got tired 😳
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Thanks!
-RS
cjmander66

Post by cjmander66 »

Hi,

Can someone please upload the DTS versions of Band on the run and Venus and Mars. I cannot access Hummus905 file location.

Thanks

cjmander