Get Back: Part 3 (Rooftop!) - thoughts and reviews

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
alphabeatles

Re: Get Back: Part 3 (Rooftop!) - thoughts and reviews

Post by alphabeatles »

Closing credits were perfect!
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

"I've had some wine y'know..remember Bob Wooler?"
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

DrRobert wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:35 pm "I've had some wine y'know..remember Bob Wooler?"
Get yer fill of Bob Wooler, read:

"My Beatles Hell - The Tragical History Tour Of Beryl Adams" by Lew Baxter
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:56 pm Yoko vs. Heather: Best juxto ever!
Besides the B-52s, its good to know Yoko enfluenced somebody else.... :D
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

beatlbay wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:53 pm
alphabeatles wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:56 pm Yoko vs. Heather: Best juxto ever!
Besides the B-52s, its good to know Yoko enfluenced somebody else.... :D
Heather the Younger and James seems to have disappeared... Heather long ago. Would be a perfect time to resurface, if only briefly.

hxxps://truthaboutthebeatlesgirls.tumblr.com/post/170650369376/what-ever-happened-to-paul-and-lindas-daughter
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

I think this was my favorite episode, footage of Jan 28 and 29 was very rare before so I was pleased to see those days get a lot of time. I also loved what Peter did with the rooftop show. It really is a shame the band would dissolve so soon after these sessions.
ted

Post by ted »

What's with all those interuptions / crowd interviews during the music playing on the roof?
There's MORE here than the 'Let It Be' movie itself!

What a sin... :(

ted
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

Love the Part 3, & The Rooftop, way more complete, & better understanding, the Police patiece

The viewing experience made more sense... :mrgreen:
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
snrub

Post by snrub »

Incredible work, really told the full story in glorious detail. Let's hope we live to see an extended version with even more bonus features, especially rooftop with only the band's audio.

I actually want to watch Let It Be next because I miss some of the things PJ refused to re-use. He and MLH are friends now and PJ went out of his way to ensure that the two films would be companion pieces rather than rendering LIB obsolete.

In parts 2 & 3, it was strange seeing Paul so fidgety/unsure/forlorn, I'm always surprised whenever he is anything less than 100% confident. I would speculate on a few possible things weighing on his mind which may or may not have been factors.

1. He knows that J & G's interest in the group is waning and seems paranoid about them going off to do their own separate projects ("you'll be off in the bag" etc.) and not necessarily receptive to answering his next "come on lads, time to make an album" phone call. We saw how emotional he was at the end of Twickenham with the group's breakup on his mind.

2. In the cafeteria by John and likely again in the second GH meeting, Paul is told clearly that it's a problem when he insists on telling everyone exactly what to play on his songs. This forces him to bite his tongue (in addition to his nails!)

3. The Klein meeting. This was the beginning of what he knew would be a huge issue for him (and his desire to enlist the Eastmans to manage the group).

4. Since Mary was born 7 months later, is this when he found out Linda was pregnant?

5. Re: the rooftop, didn't PJ say on the TWST podcast that Paul didn't want to play on the roof because of stage fright/nerves? I respectfully disagree and feel he only tried to pooh-pooh the rooftop performance because only 5 songs would be included, thus harpooning his vision of performing an entire album's worth of songs in a real concert. As much as we all love the rooftop, that was no "concert".

Also, speaking of pooh-pooh I almost fell out of my chair when Ringo tells George Martin that he farted. Maybe that was payback for "Love Me Do" :lol:
snrub

Post by snrub »

Two other random thoughts that I wonder if anyone else had:
1. How astute of Paul to foresee that blowing 16mm film up to a 35mm theatrical release would degrade the picture quality, despite George and MLH saying it would be fine.
2. Even though they may have been tempted, was there really any chance they would call off the gig last minute at the top of the stairs? I.e. "bring all the gear back down to the basement, send the 10 cameramen and rest of the crew home, etc."