Get Back: Part 2 - thoughts and reviews

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Get Back: Part 2 - thoughts and reviews

Post by WilliamShears »

Part 2 comments thread…
Rickenbacker325

Re: Get Back: Part 2 - thoughts and reviews

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

The mood definitely is much improved in part 2…not that we didn’t know that already…but it was heavy on dialogue…but lots of great moments…I for one am a Beatle guitar aficionado and seeing Paul playing his Rickenbacker bass..still painted in the Fool’s color scheme…and with what appeared to be a defective nut very nice indeed. Also…Paul’s first Hofner bass is spotted off to the side which dispels the story that it was stolen when they left Twickenham. Another user posted something about a Blu-ray release next year…is that reliable information? I did not get that impression from the PJ marathon interview…And also PJ alludes to a personal issue for George which probably caused his temporary exodus but he would not elaborate….Either way George seems in fine form in Part 2. And it really is great to finally see the everything come to life after listening to the Nagras for the last 35+(for me) years.

I’ll be sad when part 3 concludes…
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

Those of you who have expertise on the bootlegged Nagra reels: What is showing up that we were missing -- or had only subpar -- before? The bit where the newspaper accounts of troubles in Beatlesland appear to be among the audio that we had only in poor quality. Have any of the missing "I Me Mine" rehearsals appeared?
jackb

Post by jackb »

For me the burning question is what drink was George mixing for The Beatles near the end of the episode.

Jack
IFeelFine

Post by IFeelFine »

Call me sad, but I loved the few seconds of John playing the I Feel Fine riff. I have not heard that on the many hours of LiB sessions bootlegs I have listened to.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

EdinSc wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:28 pm Those of you who have expertise on the bootlegged Nagra reels: What is showing up that we were missing -- or had only subpar -- before? The bit where the newspaper accounts of troubles in Beatlesland appear to be among the audio that we had only in poor quality. Have any of the missing "I Me Mine" rehearsals appeared?
As I can remember…and please correct me if I’m wrong…the “full” version of I Me Mine was on on that All Things Must Pass Yellow Dog CD…in fact it’s on there twice…I haven’t seen it elsewhere besides in the LIB film…I was surprised to not see the chorus section on the PJ version.
Tex

Post by Tex »

The worst part of this period is Giles Martin was conceived in this time. :lol:
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

For You Blue was the point in all this where I finally teared up.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Forget DDSI! Now we've got Smokers, Nose Pickers and Nail Biters!
jw224

Post by jw224 »

Watched this today. Enjoyed the lot of it. A lot of parts to me show the bond that they still had even though there were clearly difficulties to overcome. Also lots of moments of banter and laughs which was very enjoyable to watch.