So does everyone Get Back at the same time or is it midnight in each country?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: So does everyone Get Back at the same time or is it midnight in each country?

Post by Lord Reith »

I've been reading a lot of bad stuff about the picture quality of Disney+ being very problematic, with stuttering, audio lag, and pixelating.

Has anyone ever watched Disney+ before via the internet? Did they have the same problems? I would be really upset if in the middle of a song it freezes and starts playing silly buggers. I really hate that stuff.
20YearsAgo

Re: So does everyone Get Back at the same time or is it midnight in each country?

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:42 am I've been reading a lot of bad stuff about the picture quality of Disney+ being very problematic, with stuttering, audio lag, and pixelating.

Has anyone ever watched Disney+ before via the internet? Did they have the same problems? I would be really upset if in the middle of a song it freezes and starts playing silly buggers. I really hate that stuff.
We streamed some Disney + about eighteen months ago and, at times, it was a tad glitchy. However, since I started the subscription up 10 days ago, I've not noticed any problems this time around. Crossing my fingers!
GeorgeD

Post by GeorgeD »

East Coast US here.
No issues with picture quality here. My biggest gripe is getting my kids to stop binging "The Mandalorian" and "Phineas & Ferb" long enough to allow me to watch something else...

(OK, I admit it, I like Phineas & Ferb..."
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Signed up a few days ago to catch the Get Back doc. In the meantime watching monkey documentaries... No glitches there (via Roku). Will probably watch Get Back on the computer via ethernet (family doesn't want to see it ;-) ).
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Okay, if I hear nothing bad on the SH forum I'll give it a go tommorrow night.

Tonight, I have something else to watch so i'm not that bothered.
teegee

Post by teegee »

Started watching it here in UK at 9.00a.m.
No glitches - good quality.
Already hooked!
kieranjames

Post by kieranjames »

Does it look as 'waxy' as the YouTube trailer suggests?
Have they been overzealous with the digital noise reduction or is there any of the original film grain apparent?
Thank you.
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

A small sample, titles for songs they performed, including swearing. It's not bad.
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

kieranjames wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:59 am Does it look as 'waxy' as the YouTube trailer suggests?
Have they been overzealous with the digital noise reduction or is there any of the original film grain apparent?
Thank you.
It looks much better than YouTube
Although during moments when they’re sitting in the dark corners of the studio, it looks a bit messy and smooth.
But when they’re under those colourful twickenham lights, it looks great!
kieranjames

Post by kieranjames »

BrianHodkin21 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:06 pm It looks much better than YouTube
Although during moments when they’re sitting in the dark corners of the studio, it looks a bit messy and smooth.
But when they’re under those colourful twickenham lights, it looks great!
Thanks Brian.
Edit: I've just had a quick preview of part one and it looks a little too overly DNR-ed to me in some places. Not as bad as 'Help' or 'Magical Mystery Tour' but it's still there to my eyes. It's not bad enough to spoil my enjoyment though.